White widow coco grow under LED

I believe its the same, but i would go for hydroponic grade coco.
The first run i did with shitty garden centre coco coir, came in a solid brick and expanded in water then you break it up yourself. It had issues with drying out, and im told the hydro grade stuff has got added buffers so it can maintain a better pH.

1 Like

Gday mate can i join your grow party as well.
Just set up my tent and kicking off with a couple of white widows, gold leaf and mango kush.

1 Like

Ok thanks buddy

1 Like

At about day 10 now, have had some really low temperatures here so ive turned off my exhaust fan completely. Temps have been between 10C-22C since then. Obviously a little cold but after a few warmer days here the girls have pushed on a little bit.

6-7 of them look great, theres a few runts in there; but at the same time ive had runts in the passed which have produced as much as the healthiest looking girls.

Thanks

Hope everyone’s doing well and staying safe.
The girls have been loving the slightly higher temps in the tent lately !

I’ve done a few grows before, mainly starting under CFLs but i must say im really loving this LED ive got. The girls are under the SF-1000, (spider-farmer) and its great, when theyve grown up ill put them in the larger tent which has the SF-4000 - and that thing pumps out some serious juice with such a small draw so ill be interested to see how it compares to previous grows ive done under 3x 600w hps lights.

Here are the girls at the morning of day 15. Still got the runt in the back but i still believe she will pull through !

3 Likes

Day 20 now,
Watered the ladies last night at pH 5.6, and an EC of 1.2.

Couple of them looked a little droopy, even though the pots were still slightly moist. But it has been atleast a week since a water i believe.

Was impressed with the roots coming out the bottom so i took a picture of one that demonstrated the average root growth.

The runt is still looking runty, with its third set of leaves coming out - not really sure about this one, it seems to be maturing at the same rate but with no growth. I cant be bothered giving it a different feeding schedule so if she dies she dies. Looking for 9 pots in the flower room anyway, and ill be taking 2-3 clones each of the best 2 plants for mothers which will stay in the tent they are in now.

Happy growing guys!

2 Likes

Only the one photo uploaded first time round weird.

3 Likes

Looking sooo nice :heart_eyes: @gusanito
You make me want to start again haha
I’m set to watch! :blush:

1 Like

Update on mine yall

Any feedback appreciated

3 Likes

Great job man they are looking super healthy!

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:
I’ve got a few grows under my belt but never done a grow with LEDs but im loving it so far, just a pitty its been so cold here lately !

Here they are at day 24, one in the top right got something funky going on with its leaves not sure what her problem is haha.

3 Likes

Looking really nice Gus healthy and good growth.

Day 19 for this one but I’ve already pulled of 3 set of leaves gonna main line it next week , we’ll start anyway.

3 Likes

Thanks brother! Yours too man! I’m doing my next lot in coco my two seedlings are in coco and perlite now is it any difference in feeding nutrients with coco than it is compost? I believe they need more with coco is that correct?

nice one brother, thats a monster! Is that the final size pot itll be in?

I’m gonna be going up to 300mm pots when i move them into my bigger tent under the light with 4x the power, just dont wanna rush it just yet haha

Yeah dude, coco has 0 nutrients. I’ve heard it be called an inert medium, its great for air and easy to water - just water when the pot is light, its a really spongey medium.

Just make sure the nutrients you get are coco specific, and you need to pH the water. I grew in compost soil the first time around and the second grow i did was in a shit grade coco and was still so much easier and yielded alot more.

1 Like

Yeah it’s cold where I am too! Where are you Located?
I have an oil heater next to the tent On a timer… that has helped me with winter here

And my friend @Pakalobo told me to wrap hessian potato bag around it and I believe that has helped also :blush:

Okay, okay Nice pictures :heart_eyes: well I’m going to go cry now hahaha

1 Like

In South australia, but i cant remember it ever being this cold ! i switched to LEDs because the grows i did a few years ago had issues running into heat, never had any issues with the cold haha.

Thats a good idea, i shut my window so the tent only recieves warmish air from the house as compared to the outside weather, also running my exhaust way less just to keep some of the warm air in the tent which may or may not be a good idea im not sure.

They have really taken off in the last few days since i did a stronger feed of nutes, i was a little worried to be honest before that so im not quite out of the woods yet ! :smile:

2 Likes

I can remember if @MadCandy switched her light schedule or not, but when I run cycles outside in the shed during winter I run my lights at night. I also use reflective insulation, as opposed to panda paper, which helps hold onto some of that heat when the lights are off.

Ahh wicked stuff you yielded a lot more with the coco then you did the compost? I’m currently using bio bizz nutrients they’re an organic liquid nutrient would you say they’re coco friendly?

And would you recommend using like a blooming booster? Bio bizz do one called top max I’m not sure wether it be worth purchasing or not to better production?

I’m in the uk it’s meant to be summer here and the weather is trash lately :laughing::roll_eyes: