White widow coco grow under LED

Hi all,

After a few years away from the growing scene, im back and going under some LEDs which is a first for me. Have grown in coco under mh/hps in the past a few times, excited to see what i can get out of my LEDs and not have such a large power bill this time around.

Cracked 12 White widow feminized seeds that i bought from this site, 11 cracked and 10 have sprouted after about 7 days.

Gone for about an 85-90% coco with 10-15% perlite.

6 Likes

Welcome to Weedville,
Mind if I join the party?

Good vibes and good luck :v:

2 Likes

Mind if I join the ride? I have my first attempts flowering in compost right now and getting my next bunch ready to go in coco fibre and perlite also, so will be a first and a learning curve for me also :pray:t2: Be helpful to learn some things from you along the way

1 Like

Here are my first attempts in compost only using blooming nutes nothing for veg but PH water , larger one is glu gelato and smaller one is cosmic bomb I was given by a friend, 8 days between them lol

1 Like

More the merrier. Thanks man, excited to get back into things!

@Se7en what’s the compost made from do you know? I have thought of growing a couple in straight compost. I own a vegetable farm and add 30-60 yards or leaf compost to my soil each year so have plenty on hand. Plants looking good you.got there.

1 Like

Yeah man for sure, always better to learn from somebody else’s mistakes haha.
Your girls are looking healthy there man, crazy what a week can make - or atleast different genetics !

I’ve done about 4 grows in coco before, but never added perlite; had some issues with the coco not drying out and some gnats. The guy at the hydro store got me to get cana coco, which he said is the best and shouldnt need the perlite because it drys better then shitty stuff but the perlite helps to stretch it out a little.

2 Likes

I used perlite in my super soil mix.
Not so impressed with it, after an extended grow it seems to have hardened like concrete.
I’m trying a different aeration in my next grow and progressing to living soil.

3 Likes

Does the coco on its own provide enough aeration and such then? And is the canna coco the nutrients you use? And do you use them throughout veg and flower? Atm I’m only using bio bloom for flowering

1 Like

Looking forward to the progress!

1 Like

I have have no idea buddy, I’m the uk and here we have a store called Wilkinson’s and it’s there own compost lol it’s like a general store sells all sorts of house supplies and garden supplies etc, and I have a back of John innes number 1 compost which I haven’t actually used yet but heard it’s fine to use

ive seen some good grows by a guy on youtube i watch a guy named canucks, a canadian guy who top dresses his coco with organic feed and seems to great incredible results.

As for perlite going rock hard like concrete, im not too sure if thats an issue? - i was under the assumption it was simply mixed in to create little air pockets in the coco, not sure the roots would mind. But then again only a guess.

1 Like

The brand of coco i am using this time is called Cana coco profesional, in the past i used House and Garden coco but the last guy i spoke to at the hydro store said it was really shit for the money. Im in Australia so not sure if the brand im using is international or not, as for the nutes ill be using Grow Lush A+B veg, then A+B flower later on.

Just watering at pH of 5.9 and ppm of 500 at the moment (water out the tap here is about 350). So ive added the smallest amount of nutes, which i probably didnt need to. But we shall see how the ladies progress or not as a result :smiley:

Edit: to your question about the aeration, yeah a good quality coco will aerate the roots - its a hydroponic medium because he contains no nutrients, you add them yourself - but the coco will soak up the water with nutes and hold on to it as long as you put it in at the right pH. Its a little bit more forgiving then a DWC (deep water culture) in my opinion.

1 Like

I doubt it would happen in coco, I’m in soil and it seems to have reacted with the worm castings?
IDK, just my perspective.
I’ve seen Canucks great grower
and all of the Canucks I’ve met on here are awesome!
@Oldguy @kaptain3d

3 Likes

Yeah man i lived over there near vancouver for a couple years, some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet - and they deffently know their shit when it comes to growing and smoking haha.

1 Like

Thanks for the nice words my friend!

I also read that about perlite hardening like concrete, but I have no experience of it yet :crossed_fingers:
And I use Pro-Mix Hp which is a bit like coco but isn’t coco… so I can’t really say anything about that.
Maybe @Deusoboy420 would know better since he uses coco… oh and so does @CoyoteCody!

Keep it green friends!

2 Likes

I only use straight coco, no perlite.

2 Likes

I’ll give both a go in coupke weeks one with one without see the difference

1 Like

You’ve got the same tent I’ve got.

1 Like

Is coco fibre and coco coir the same thing? Like the reptile bedding?