What a Difference a Day Makes

All looked great yesterday, today not so much. My Trainwreck developed spots over night. From seed on 7-17, coco, second feed yesterday with Canna A and B, roots Excellerator, Armour Si, Cannazyme. 264 ppm @5.8 ph. Feeder leaves are still there. I’m thinking flush and go lighter? Shouldn’t be deficient already? I also had the lights around 18" up, raised to 21. What do you all think?

Your pppm is too low. next feed shot for about 500-600 ppm. Not familiar with canna though

3 Likes

I really dont think its your lights because its effecting your lower leaves.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies. On my last grow when i switched them from Clone x to the Canna, i had some tip burn starting so i went back to clone x until the feeder leaves were dried up. These still have most of the feeder leaves intact. So I’m confused whether or not this is deficiency or they just dont want the adult food yet. This was the second feed with the Canna, the only thing different is the addition of Cannazyme .

1 Like

Those plants are hungry and you look to be developing a calcium deficiency. At 4 weeks it’s time to start ramping up the nutes. Try for 600 to 700 ppm and should be 700 to 900 in late veg at transition.

3 Likes

I gave them a feed last night at 500 ppm, and added cal mag as well. After work we’ll see how they liked it.

PH is too low last feeding is why major diff in 24 hrs.

PH should be 6.5 ideally. Plus or minus a little is ok.

PPM’s need to be stronger.

He’s in coco bro. PH is spot on. Just was a bit late supplementing calmag. Those affectd leaves wont improve. But the rapid spread should slow til stop and everything else should stay a lovely green

2 Likes

Are you using distilled/RO or rain water? If so, a calcium and/or a magnesium supplement should be used fairly regularly.

2 Likes

I’d just go ahead and hit em with cal mag full strength at every other watering.

2 Likes

I throw it in with every water/feed, but at a low strength. I keep an eye out for deficiencies and ramp it up if I see anything develop.

I assumed from his low ppm that’s what’s happening.

2 Likes

would be interesting to see pics in a week or so

1 Like

They already look better. I think I’ll know tomorrow if they are on track. Already new growth since the feed yesterday so I think you guys got me dialed in!

Armour Si, Canna A & B, Cal Mag, Roots Excellerator. 480 ppm, 5.8 ph. Runoff is about double that, and at 5.9-6.0ph. I’m going to water feed tomorrow and see where I’m at on the runoff. They are waking up nicely. Runoffs are a little lower today than yesterday so they seem to be eating. No new spots whatsoever, and nice new growth.

Get ur water feed up to around 6.3-6.4. N is intaked a bit higher then the other nutes. Looks like u nickd thr calmag problem. Now to darken those ladies up a bit

1 Like

@tanlover442 @PurpNGold74 @HornHead @Drinkslinger @Banksmoney6485 I think I’m on track and caught myself making the same mistake I did the last grow…underfeeding. My White Widow looks like a washed out runt, and started showing signs like the Train Wreck was, only tips and edges of leaves. I looked back at my notes from my last grow, same time from seed, and the advise I got here was double up the food. So, today they got 823ppms. Runoffs are all in the 400’s ppms and ph is from 5.8 to 6.2. Trimmed a bit, fimmed, and hoping for a growth spurt. Those 3000k lights make them look a little lighter than they actually are, but all in all, not bad for my dumb ass starving them. I took a few pics of the setup, changed that up too from last grow…

Train Wreck

1 Like

Keep in mind wonky pH stops them from eating as well. Always measure runoff when ramping up like that. The soil could be loading up

1 Like

Nah man, they look good. I’m probably around same age as you and I’m feeding in the 800s. Keep it up

The older growth had some problems, ph I believe. It was 6.7ish. The root ball is in soil and the outer coco. So when I feed and water, my ph swings should be ok is they aren’t too wild. I’ve grown straight coco for a few years and I found the way I feed and water works best.

1. I grow in 7 gallon normally, 5 this time
    When you feed or water, run 2-4 gallon of plain ph water through first. That helps flush salts and nutrients buildup away.
  2. Then run a gallon or so of nutrient water through.
  3. On none feed days, run 1/4 strength nutes and calmag after plain ph water. Any questions buddy, just ask, I’ll try to help
2 Likes

Put the yellow sticky card lower below the light if possible, nice neat setup mate :+1::kangaroo:

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies! I had 2 hickups the last grow, one was under feeding early on (did it again lol), the other was no water feeds and I was hammering the shit outta them just before and the first couple weeks after the flip, so I had buildup/ph issues and lockout. I’m learning.

2 Likes