Water quantity increase

Hi,

Growing for the first time. I’m using 1/2 tbsp water with ilgm nutrients twice daily. My plants are 4 weeks old. At what point do I increase water quantity?

4 Likes

The plants are big enough to water to runoff and then let the soil dry out before you water again.

What do you have for lighting? The plants look a bit “stretchy.”

Welcome to the forum.

6 Likes

Spider Farmer model SF1000. I have a KingLED light that I’m not using. I got the tent, lights etc from someone locally. Could you define “stretchy”? I’m really clueless here

4 Likes

And thanks for the welcome aboard!

4 Likes

Distance between the nodes of the plant.

Your plants are stretching for more light. I would also use the other light you have. The SF1000 is a 100 watt light that is not sufficient to flower a cannabis plant. The recommended wattage for flowering a cannabis plant is 200 watts per plant.

6 Likes

I’ll switch right now. And just pour water on top, get rid of the excess and let dry?

3 Likes

Correct

4 Likes

3 Likes

How’s this? Too high?

1 Like

I would definately add more drain holes tonthe bottom and sides (at the bottom) welcome to the growmunity!

2 Likes

Was you saying use both lights at once?
Looks like they may have just switched out lights, not 100% sure from that pick.

2 Likes

I removed the smaller light and put the stronger light in. How far above the plants should I have the lights? What should my watering routine be after it dries from flushing it?

1 Like

you should try 7 gallon fabric pots off amazon

1 Like

I did the flush as you recommended. Drilled more holes in the pots. Once the soil is dry, how much water on a daily basis and how far above the plants should I keep the light? Thanks so much

2 Likes

You don’t water daily. You water each time the soil dries out. Overly wet soil is unhealthy for your plant.

3 Likes

If this will help. Shortly after veg starts i let my plant soil dry out untill the plant shows drooping. Once watered she will recover just fine. See how much time it took to show signs of too dry and figure a day less for watering. Im letting plant show me how long she can go.

5 Likes

That’s good info, thank you. How much water are you giving it when you do water?

2 Likes
2 Likes

When your soil is completely dry and your plants are drooping, pick up the pot and feel how light it is. Then, pour enough water on the soil to cover the top and walk away for about 10 min or so. Then come back and water slowly in small amounts letting the soil absorb the water. Keep doing this until you see water coming from your drain holes. Wait about 10 more minutes after allowing the soil to absorb all that water. Now, pick up your pot. Bet it weighs nearly 30 lbs or more. Now you know how they feel when they are full. Its a muscle memory thing with me. Sometimes it takes nearly an hour to water 11 plants…

2 Likes

Why do I have yellow edges on some of the leaves?

1 Like