Small white dots on fan leaves

Just attached some photos of my recent grows. Unsure what the small white dots are on fan leaves. Anyone give me a hand? Growing in pot with a soil mix. Feeding with a fish/seaweed fert. Unsure what run off is. Cheers

4 Likes

Howdy Curly
I think I can see insects
Have you inspected plants with microscope?

7 Likes

Im with @Hashtonbutcher on this one. First thought come to mind was spider mites. As suggested, use a scope and see what they look like up close.

4 Likes

Yeah I think mites are the problem. Using neem oil. See how that goes. Should I be concerned about the damage so far or it’s recoverable. Cheers

1 Like

Looks like possible white flies, get you some pure crop 1 and use as directed. Safe to use up to harvest day. And will not leave any weird smell or taste. Stuff is awesome

If it’s spider mites you’ll need more than just Neem oil for the win.
The damage is done but if you stop the infestation from getting larger by a multi pronged attack of different treatments it won’t get worse and she will recover.
Castile soap and water (not detergents like dawn)
Diatomaceous earth
Many things to use especially while in veg.
In flower some things you don’t want to use like Neem oil.

Here’s a link to what I tried when I went through the dance…
Hope it helps

5 Likes

Yes that is for sure spider mites damage captain jacks dead bug will do the trick you will have to keep treating them every other week they are very hard to get rid of good luck my friend happy growing

2 Likes

Happy cake day @Skydiver

2 Likes

I “feel” it looks more like Thrips damage.

3 Likes

Thanks 420

1 Like

Thanks for the help guys I’ll do my best and report back :+1:t3:

1 Like

I would pull an affected leaf off and set it upside down on a table and get out my magnifying device and start looking. You’ll find them and then be able to tell what it is and treat accordingly.
They are there for sure.

3 Likes

I assume by “Bonners” they mean “Bronners”. Dr Bronners with all the crazy writing in the bottle?

2 Likes

Welcome to the community Fritz great to have you here. Happy canniversery day Skydiver.

1 Like

Treat m to beat mmm. I had fungus nats my first grow drove me crazy but they didn’t hurt my crop. I have a friend at the local hydroponic store who gave me a bag of ladybugs to put in my grow space to take care of pests. Anyone heard of that before? He says there are two kinds of ladybugs. Strange very strange. Good luck I’m sure you will get the infestation take care of.

1 Like

Yep Dr Bronners or any real soap Castile soap

Thanks John
From John

Ladybugs. Yes, i bought a couple hundred off Amazon last grow and used them. @DEEPDIVERDAVE had a bug infestation and scared me to death. :rofl: So as a preventative method, i got me some. Im sure he can assist in how to rid this invasion.

New problem. Now it’s thinks showing sex of a male. Thoughts?

1 Like

Agreed. All boy there.

2 Likes