Should you germinate autoflowering seeds?

I am new at growing so i am going to start off with planting autoflowering seeds, i have been watching Youtube videos on how to plant them and i see some people germinate them so a little root comes out before planting them and i see some people just putting the seeds in the soil, what method is best for autoflowering seeds ?

Yep, paper towel, water. And at least two days you will see them sprout

Is there a big difference in the quality of a autoflowering plant and a regular plant ?

You can get all the info in the grow bible here it’s free to download. I germinate mine in a glass of water for 24 hours, I have done it in a paper towel also.
Tom

They usually won’t grow as big as regulars, this also means they usually do’t yield as much either, but they take less time, start to finish, generally. They might not be as potent either, but it might also be hard to tell, it depends on the strain and the breeder.

~MacG

I’m having a hard time getting my northern lights autos to germinate. I’m not getting any tap root. I’m putting it in glass of ph water and then after 24 hrs will let it set in a dark place for another 16 to 18 hrs but nothing. Can someone help

When you put them in the water put them straight in the dark straight away, let them sink, if they haven’t sunk after 12-24 hours tap them down see if they sink, if they do leave them another 10-12 hours then to the wet tissue method until they sprout, I get 100% success with this, and if they still don’t sprout, slice them open with a small razor down the side of the seed very carefully where it would normally split and leave it in tissue for another 24 and you’ll have a sprout. I’ve done this many times also one i has to slice open (cosmic bomb auto) is in end of week one now looking very healthy.

Luckily it was just my patience. Found out it may take a little longer to sprout with autos. I now have 1 going good and another that just popped up. 1st seed was just a dud but it’s all good