Seedling help ,yelliw 1st ridged leaves

I got 18 seeds started in solo cups, in a tent, humidity set at 70 to 75 , temps at 70 an up, on a heat matt as well. They all popped up, but nit getting any bigger after 5days, 2 of them have yelliw on the edge of the 1st ridged leaves. Wondering if light was to close an bright? Mars hydro 1000watt led 50% 12 in away?

2 Likes

4 Likes

Welcome to the community, I would raise light up to about 24 inchs. You will see Foliage after seedlings develops some root system.
Good luck :v:

4 Likes

Looks fried to me.

2 Likes

Yes its only 2 of them, wasnt like that last night, so i caught it in time pretty sure light was to close.

2 Likes

You might want to put those clear solo cups inside a red solo cup. Those roots don’t like light.

6 Likes

I run the MarsHydro fce-4800 480 watt at 50% 30 inches above my seedlings. I veg 24/0 at the same height and intensity.

4 Likes

Oh good idea, definitely gonna put them in red ones. I think is light burn, almost positive. I hope so anyhoo. I raused up the light bout 30in so ill see what happens. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Sounds like you got it figured out.
But 18 is quite a few, will these go outside when bigger or inside all the way through?

1 Like

They will get moved to 5gal pots an go in a 15x15 ,mylar room with 4x600watt mh then hps. If done over 20 successful grows, but only in coco an dwc, tis why im stumped as in starting in soil.lol

2 Likes

This are them today.

4 Likes

Seedlings look good ! :+1:

3 Likes

They dont look dead, but they have not grown at all. been over a week like this, i just put them in bigger cups today with hf soil an a clear cup as a dome on top. I hope they actuallt grow

2 Likes

This sh!t got me stressed tf out. Lol

2 Likes

Use a spray bottle to mist inside of dome couple times A-day. Seedlings will Develop a root system frist before you see a lot of foliage.
Good luck :v:

1 Like

That’s exactly what i did, they honestly look better after i took them out of light warrior an put them in hf, ffof an perlite mix.

2 Likes

@Pjtrim Hope everything works out well for you. I’m glad your plants are looking better. This process for me is the least stressful. There are zero nutes zero ph readings zero ppm. You have to put them down and leave them the more you disturb them in this stage the slower your process becomes. They are throwing down a tap root and every time you move them touch them wiggle them pick them up you are causing microscopic movement in the soil too which will move the dirt around the root. Hydroponics dudes pick up the cup to show you their roots of their young you obviously can’t do that in soil until the roots protrude from bottom holes or through the sides of the peat block. Once the soil has been disturbed around that root it may cause an air pocket and now instead of being anchored and growing that root has to seek a new place to anchor. I am not a fan of Solo cups because they are soft sided and you have to remove your entire seedling roots dirt to transplant it.

If your plants were my plants they’d already be in 5 gallon pots or possibly two/three days away. Also by that second picture I’ve got a 6in. Fan moving the air. I am a believer of moving air earlier in this stage gets them working on their stalk to prevent toppling and less on stretching for the light. That’s just me though. :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

3 Likes

Thats a good idea, i usually do dwc always have, this is my first soil grow. But definitely might stsrt them in final pot next time around. live an learn i guess, thankx 4 the info, its appreciated.

1 Like

@Pjtrim If you plan on this technique you will have to become well schooled in controlled watering. You have an excellent chance of drowning your babies because of the amount of medium their tiny little sprout reside in. I believe in my photo in the 5 gallon you can see the small watering circle around the plants. I have a seed in germination right now. I’ll tag you into my thread it’ll make it easier to watch. I will do a detailed illustrated post of my germination/seedling process. If it works for you cool I’ll tell you right now 70-75% of this entire forum would disagree with my method. :call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

2 Likes

Yes thank u so much. I got 25 now up an growing, my plants finally got leaves growing now, i got California dream, gorilla glue #4 , wedding cake, runtz, . I have a great set up, thousands of dollars involved in it. Got 4lbs from 6x6 area of scrog with dwc last time. But i work alot an dont have alot of time now , so i gonna give soil a go an see what happens, i can control every aspect of my room from my phone from work if need be, we will see what happens :crossed_fingers:

1 Like