Rooted cutting from aerocloner moved into soil then wilted

Hi friends, I took a cutting a week or two back off a mother plant of my Sweet Island Skunk and it rooted! Yay!

A couple days later it was really developing nice roots, so today I moved it into moist soil

And then it wilted!

I am hopeful it will recover in time.

Was I supposed to dome it or something? Did I not harden it off enough? Should I put a dome on it next time and keep it very moist then slowly start taking it off and on until it’s maybe more acclimated or something?

Thanks for any help!

2 Likes

Dome it, use a 24/0 light schedule, put in neutral medium like coco and when it starts to look hungry give it adult strength feeding.

6 Likes

If you go with coco I would be ready with cal/mag foliar spray just in case. Somtimes it’s helpful somtimes I don’t need it.

1 Like

Also if you can spend a few bucks here is a great expandable dome. The adjustable vents really help

EarlyGrow 93774 Domed Propagator, 1 Height Extender, Green https://a.co/d/9KoBdCT

1 Like

Thank you kindly for the replies! I didn’t know what to do while I was waiting for replies, so I took a large size ziploc freezer bag, puffed it up and placed it on top of the rim of my container, and sort of pressed the “zipper” together to make a makeshift dome for the plant. I am super thrilled to say my lights just popped on for the day, and she’s looking good! back to standing up, and the leaves are no longer drooped! Hopefully a good sign!

It’s already in Black Swallow Living Soil KIS Mix (supersoil) so no nutes should be needed, and the soil is gentle enough to nourish life from seed as I do it often

Fingers crossed…

Thank you for replying

2 Likes