Pros help - are my Autos too small?

@Kingkupa @OGIncognito - Started adding unsulfured molasses to my watering - starting to see a difference in only a few days -

2 Likes

I’m right there with you guys, first timer, GSCX autos, day 38 for me.

gsc5

5 Likes

Right on, I’ll say they’re digging the molasses. It has so many benefits other than feeding your medium! Well done brother :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Nice and healthy looking :love_you_gesture:

Damn, and their stacking up nicely :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Thanks, I have a question for you guys. I fed them Friday morning, RO Water ph’d to 6.8 I used 1 tsp of cal-mag+ 1.5 tbs of big bloom and 1 tsp Tiger bloom per gallon, each pot received 1 gallon of this mix. My ppm in was 450 for each one and my run off was at about 1300 for each, I top dressed last week with FF Fruit and Flower which is why I kept the ppm going in at 450. This morning I’m noticing this, slight yellowing on the tips, just started second week of flower, is this signs of nutrient burn or signs of a deficiency starting?

2 Likes

A couple of things could be going on. What medium are you growing in? Run off values shouldn’t vary by 200-300 of what’s going in to what’s coming out. If you’re using a coco medium and not watering/feeding on a routine basis and the coco is left to dry out, mineral salts will build up in the root zone putting out those higher numbers and can lead to lockout. Yellowing leaf tips can be nitrogen overload or heat stress from the light being to close or intense :love_you_gesture:

I used straight FFOF mixed with extra Perlite, I didn’t start any Nutes until week 5 with the OF soil, I’m running two VS1000 lights in this 2x3, par at canopy is around 780/800 now and both lights are at 75%, I walked it up through veg into flower, last week of veg I was around 550 par at canopy. I’ve been watering every 3rd day, that’s about when the pots feel light and top soil is dry, due for a watering tomorrow, maybe I’ll just add my regular cal-mag and skip the nutes this time around.

Dumb question but you PH the water after adding the nutrients? If those values are correct I would water only for several times. FF nutes are notorious for salt build up. They recommend periodic flushing and have a product called sledgehammer. I used that line for a couple of grows but switched to Jacks

Yeah, I add the nutes before I PH. I do have some Jack’s Bloom Booster on hand, maybe I’ll flush them and switch over next week.

A little bit of nute burn just on the tips of your leaves is actually right where you want to be. Shows that the plant is getting all she can use for maximum growth. It is a fine line but if you can maintain that level, you will get the best results possible.

4 Likes

I was so pre-occupied with looking at the tips of the leaves all day I failed to notice the canopy is now touching all four corners of the tent, I definitely picked up some nice grow the last two days looking back at the photo I posted.

gsc2

3 Likes

Wow I thought I was tight on space, looking great :+1:

1 Like

Time for a bigger tent! :rofl:

1 Like

I’m right here at 4 weeks come tomorrow on my autos.

2 Likes

A little off topic here, but anyone know how to change your user name, when I first ordered my seeds and created the account I did not see myself posting anything in the forums, now that I have been my user name is anything but discreet… didn’t think that one through.

I agree with all that I would get a bigger tent now while they are small and give them time to grow -

But they are looking good! What light do you have on them and what’s your lighting schedule?

I have two VS1000’s inside this 3x2, they are both at 75% right now with par readings at 800ish at the canopy, running 18/6. A bigger tent would be an issue as I have to keep this pretty much out of sight and this fits just right in my closet, it’s wedged in between an organizer system in the closet, not a great pic, but if you look close you can see I’m maxed out on space.

1 Like

Gotcha - With 2 plants it will work - would change your light schedule to 20/4 and see how they like them. Your still early although looking good. You should see them start popping in 1-2 weeks.

Quick update - buds are forming nicely - started going yellow in 2 of the plants - looks like nute burn so will hold off on nutes for next 1-2 waterings to hopefully correct. Need to clean them up a little as well. Week 4-5 of flowering.

3 Likes