Pressing for dab

Hello fellow pressers! I need some advice on pressing flower. I pressed a couple grams to see what I would get. I was disappointed so I’m wondering how much flower do you press to yield a gram. Also I used Grandaddy purple auto from ILGM. Is there a strain that is best. There’s a lot out there about this but after two attempts I’ve not been successful yet. I’m using a dab press at 170 degrees. I have no experience at this but I’m willing to do whatever it takes for some homemade dabs for myself and friends

3 Likes

Probably 5-7 grams of flower to get 1 gram of rosin with a good setup and flower at ideal conditions.

6 Likes

I know nothing much about pressing but if you can be safe and very cautious, I can help you learn to make BHO.

That’s what i made today and still in the vacuum purge. The vacuum is an optional step and absolutely not necessary to get good dabs though, it does help make it super smooth and shatter and crumbly though.

It burns clean and tasty :yum:

6 Likes

@ChittyChittyBangin does a lot of pressing :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Ive pressed GDP and got decent results. Are you pre heating your material before you start squishing ? Bump your temps up to 190. Youll pump your plates up until youve squished your material just a tad. Allow the material to preheat for 30 to 45 sec. Then slowly apply pressure until you see just a bit a goo and allow it to ooze out and then slowly apply pressure over the next few min. It takes alot of practice.

9 Likes

Salivating over here Brother :fire::fire::love_you_gesture:

6 Likes

Thanks for the instructions I’ll give it a try. Update to come happy pressing

3 Likes

What does BHO stand for? Bubble Hash? What is the process and what do you need to accomplish this safely.

4 Likes

One thing i forgot to add @John7 ,

Fresh flower is best for pressing. Ill press 2 weeks post dry/sweat, and then again a few weeks after 30 day cure. Make sure your buds are around 60%rh. Anything lower and your yield starts decreasing. As far as collection, after you press, place your parchment paper in the freezer for a few minutes, thatll help collection a little easier. If you get more of an oily concentrate, drop your temps 10 degrees and try again. Ive gone through lbs of bud practicing to get my technique down.

6 Likes

Right :drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:
Look at that puck-o-get-ya-phu… :point_up:t2:
Nice work Chitty

4 Likes

I’m sorry I don’t understand what is two weeks post sweat

2 Likes

After i take bud down off the drying rack, i put them in a paper bag for 24 hours to “sweat the bud”. It brings the moisture out from the center of the bud to help disperse the moisture. @John7

5 Likes

Great thread on here @Low started “The perfect press” Enjoy!

3 Likes

Ok thanks I have some super skunk that will get harvested by the beginning of February so I’m going to try that. I’ll be back in touch with you then for a bit of your expertise if you don’t mind. That rosin puck looks awesome. Thanks I appreciate the help

1 Like

BHO=Butane hash oil.
Heres a post I made showing how I do it.
The danger is you’re working with butane and need to eliminate any risk of sparks or a stupid freind trying to light a cigarette or something :sweat:
I do my “blasting” outside and I don’t allow anyone near me when i do it though I have someone on standby on the crazy chance something goes wrong. But check out my post, there is way better equipment then what i use but my way works all the same in the end.

2 Likes