Praying leaves looking wetty

They are praying leaves and are looking wetty, is it all good , I have put them in a humidity dome , are all good ? and how much time should I keep them in humidity dome and at what intervals should I lift my humidity dome?

4 Likes

My experience has been that praying plants are happy plants.

5 Likes

Are they in good condition?

1 Like

They look healthy but have stretched a lot. Stretch = searching for more light. It could be from the domes, light too high or not enough light. You can probably leave the domes off since they have a full set of leaves. You can add more coco? to the pot. Monitor light so the distance between new sets of leaves are what you want them to be.

4 Likes

Looks like they’re stretching a little bit. Might need to move your lights a little closer the sprouts. If your using a florescent bulb put it like 6 to 8 inches above. Leaves look good. I usually take the dome off after i see the second set coming in. But If you can’t control the humidity in your grow space then you can cut a couple slits into the humidity dome you’re using. You growing photos or autos. What strain?

1 Like

They are northern lights

2 Likes

They look very happy and healthy my friend.
They are a little stretched but it’s perfectly ok👍

Some people try and make there seedlings stay very short, i myself do not care to much about mine stretching some*.

If mine get to long to stand up I support them with whatever i can, usely a paper clip or something like that :man_shrugging:

And when I transplant them into a biger pot, I simply bury it up to its bottom set of leafs.

If you would like to see less stretching we can help you with that.
What kinda light do you have and how far away is it from them?

As far as the dome, when to take it off and how long to leave it on or off…

The domes only purpose is to help keep a stable environment till they get good roots established by keeping the humidity up.

Its perfectly normal for them to look “wetty” as humidity is very high under the dome…

“When to remove it?”
This really is a matter of preference, “mostly”.
If the humidity of you tent or room is over say 60%, then it’s probably ok to just leave it off.

However, if humidity is low (below 60%) outside of the dome, then i would say leave it on as long as the plants fit under it. (Its ok if they touch it a little bit but just not crammed under it).

What intervals to remove it?
I typically pop mine off a time or 2 a day just to refresh the air at first (for first week or so)
After that, once i feel like they got some good roots established, then if my tents RH is close to what it was it the dome, i would remove it and leave it with no “hardening off”.
(Hardening off = removeing dome a few times a day for 15mins or so at a time so it can adjust to the difference in RH from inside dome and out, increasing the time off everytime until it’s off all the time)
Only really important if RH inside and out of dome is widely different.
And it’s not 100% necessary but a good idea to be safe, it just helps the plants transition to the different environments.

If you can tell me the RH in tent or room and pictures of the dome you use, i can maybe help give more specific advice for your setup. Same with the steaching, if its an issue to you.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply , i live in total dry area and humidity of my tent when i swirch on exhaust using humidifier goes around 35-38% , it very low humidity, now i am getting confused how to increase humidity in seecling stage and veg. , i have put a bucket of water near grow light but no success, please advise me onthst also and i am a first tome grower , how much would i be able to yield from 4 plants under 400w California Lightworks solarxtreme 500 led grow light?

3 Likes

I am dry right now because of winter. I have a humidifier in my 3x3 tent. With the exhaust fan off is can get 60 - 70%. I open it at lights off and turn humidifier off.
If you do not have anything flowering there is no need to run exhaust. If small enough put humidifier in tent. Use a fan to circulate air.

1 Like

this chart from lumiGrow has a lot of info. Keep in mind the higher the temp the RH is also higher.

In late flower I would want to be closer to 50%

1 Like

Can you please tell me how can i raise humidity level and also i have lost 6 of my seeds, and now i am planning to clone my plants when they will be near flowrring anf try to compensate those 6 seeds?

1 Like

@beardless gave good advice.

Its hard to say anything about what kinda yeild you will get. So many factors to consider anything anyone says is going to be a guess on what you would actually get.
Of course theres probably some equation that we could plug in your data and it would give us a number…

But its hard for season vets to follow everything perfectly all the way through and reach "maximum potential ".

My advice on this is, try to just focus on a successful grow the first time.

Some first timers get a pound from same light, strain, and other “gear” as another first timer may get a single little bud worth a couple joints…

Don’t let this worry you though, if you keep calm and just keep asking questions, watch how others on YouTube do things successfully, “alot of silly stuff about aswell”.

Then you will not be disappointed at all with yeilds :grin:

If lowering your exhaust fan speed would help with RH that’s a good idea imo. Mine runs at seting number 1 and only ramps up in speed if temps get to high. This helps me keep RH up through veg. In flower lowering RH isn’t a bad thing so I let it run faster in flower to keep air moving good…

Most people (when possible) try to actually control the RH and temperature of the room that the tent is in rather then just the tent.
If you could do this then it would be much easier on you to keep the tent stable.
We refer to the room a tent or tents is in as the “lung”, as the tent breathes from the room. That is assuming it exhausts into the same room it gets it’s intake air from.

Is it exhausted into the same room or exhausted some where else?

1 Like

I also streach my seeds.
Check out my current grow.
Its 6 plants from 1 seed. When you get ready I or others will walk you through cloneing. Its actually pretty easy if you got a stable environment :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s a great chart! Thanks for sharing it

If they did not germinate and are from ILGM they have an excellent germination guarantee. If they sprouted and did not survive, it has happened to me, that is a self sustained loss.
I think I covered raising RH in my previous response.

I stopped trying to get my humidity right where i am. Stays 35-45. I dome seedlings then in veg i adjust watering. They will grow just fine at 30-40% rh if that is all you can get. Ill post a pic of auto and photo

growing at low rh. I can control temp easy so i keep it 80-85. Lights off around 70. Just me.

2 Likes