Possible deficiency, light or nutrient burn?

Having some issues with my leaves recently, just looking for some advice on what might be going on before it gets worse… Thanks in advance.



Can you please provide pics of the whole plant? Burned tips are rarely a problem.

Welcome to the forum.


Burned tips are generally a symptom of nitrogen excess. The full plant looks fine. What are your runoff pH and PPM?

I have no idea honestly, I have them on wicking pots getting bottom watered, plus they’re in a SCROG net, so I have no idea how to even test the runoff, not to mention the fact that I’m using Gaia Green slow release dry amendments, which would possibly be washed out if I did a runoff test. lol. I’m currently feeding 1 tbsp. per gallon of the Gaia Green flower nutrients every 3 weeks, with 6 ml of Fish Sht per gallon in each reservoir every time I water, and I just did my first feeding of molasses a couple days ago (1 tbsp. per gallon every other watering). I PH the water to 7.0 after adding the Fish Sht and molasses.

Sorry im not a organic guy or bottom feeder…lol sounds weird. But i will say, ph your water BEFORE your microbes. Microbes is always last and after ph’ing

I know the fish shit messes with the pH of my tap water, which comes out of the tap at around 8.6, so what I’ve been doing is adding the Fish shit, adding my molasses, mixing well, then lowering the pH to 7.0 before adding it to the bottom reservoir.

By adding the acid base concentrated it will diminish your microbe population. Most effective to be added last. Trust me

Ok, I’ll try that and see if it helps, I definitely appreciate the welcome and quick responses!

@Poseidon1 is right, anything living doesn’t like a huge ph shock, this will kill them. Gaia green is a good product, your plants look great and I wouldn’t worry too much.

I didn’t realize that, but I’ll definitely add the fish shit after adjusting pH from now on. This is only my 2nd grow and my first one in soil, last grow was DWC with advance nutrients pH perfect liquid nutrients. Learning something new everyday. lol. I definitely appreciate the help!

Are you giving the dry amendment through a top dress?

Yes, and I forgot to mention that I also add organic worm castings when I add the Gaia Green flowering amendments.

If you’re bottom watering how are the amendments making their way into the soil?

I add a slight bit to the topsoil just to keep it moist, maybe a cup here and there with a pump sprayer, and when I add the dry amendments I wash it into the soil with maybe a liter, liter and a half of water, but never to the point of runoff.