@Storm Thanks for the input!
Np. Hope it adds to the possibilities. This is a good forum with a lot of paths to the goal and some great growers. With so many choices i would seek a thread or threads growing how you plan to and peruse them. When i went living soil I chose @MeEasy thread. Before I was rolling through nutrient based grow threads in soil heavily.
Oh, yea… Lots of nights reading… taking baby steps with everything and copy and pasting alot of info into a word document for quick recall. Just trying to understand LUX and PPFD now (??) ![]()
Man I am so laid back in this I never even check anymore. I just turn the dial till plants happy and go back to being bored. As you get comfy with your lights adjusting will just be muscle memory. Less is more. Simple is best till get comfy. Too much is too much on info. Overload.
@Spiney_norman @Storm I guess with everything I have encountered, it usually is the K.I.S.S. method. Just getting a little caught up in the “tech” side of things… Fundamentals need to get nailed down and then just go for a ride on the Harley and chill… ![]()
You know most growers would freak if they saw how I treat my plants. I don’t really even try to fix issues when the leaves get spotty or show problems. The plant does what it needs to to survive. I just keep on doing the basics. They don’t always look great, but I harvest plenty and the quality is fine. As long as you cover the basics, lighting schedule, pH ranges, temps, feeding ppms, and watch for bugs the plant will make it just fine. WIll it look perfect? Sometimes but not always.
Just did a check on soil… I used the soil from the bag that is the same bag that my seedling are in for a quick test. H2o going into soil was calibrated and ph’d @ 6.1 runoff from soil was 6.5/6 and ppm was 2339ppm. Is the ppm acceptable for the seedlings? This is COM soil, so I know that once they start breaking down there will be a difference…
I start the seed itself in a mostly peat based starter mix. Just make a small hole in the center of the pot and put a lighter mix where the seed will go. COM has a good following so Im sure its ok.
Like this except for the third layer…
@Spiney_norman I’m
so about to get your pic on!! If you don’t mind I’d like to screenshot this baby for somewhere else. Each time I see it I mean to and don’t and wish I did lol.
I swiped it myself. Its fair game ![]()
It sounds crazy high but the seedlings should be able to take it just fine. Might get a little leaf weirdness and whatnot but as long as the Ph stays in range she’ll eat what she wants and save the rest for later!
Fox Farm soils do the same thing.
You just need to give water in the proper range and check after 3-4 weeks and see if the PPMs are dropping before you start feeding.
Unless you see obvious signs of a deficiency beforehand, but that charge should last a few weeks easily.
That’s what I was wondering also… However. the people at COM claim from seed to harvest just using the STONNINGTON Blend which was specifically designed for the cannabis market with H2o… I know claims are claims and the proof is in the pudding… or dirt for this matter… ![]()
Hmmmm ![]()
Get that shit together!
![]()
@Storm @Spiney_norman @dirtydave @JustNikki @MidwestGuy @Tylersays
So it begins… I think I’m more down than up at the moment as figuring all this out still… got the tent “ok” wish it was more humid in there, have a humidifier set up just outside the tent and the inline fan is drawing the moisture in from “outside” the tent and keeping the temps at 80-82* but RH is only about 52%… reading that the humidity should be higher for the next few weeks(?)… Figuring it all out… Screw it… there in and the PH is good and first real water will be at lights out tonight (18/6)
Humidity will rise as the plants grow and transpire moisture into the air.
Your off and running at this stage you don’t need much water a shot glass every 2 or 3 days
52% will do just fine.




