New Head to the scene

@ThEdUdeABidES now you need the ph up & down adjusting kit.

5 Likes

18hrs, 5 little tails so far out of 6 showing, Zkittles Auto… still no sign of my tent, shipping says another 5 days out… I have a led grow light bar I bought super cheap on the besos network. Beans going in small cups with COM soil… will also dome it with plastic see thru cups and mist the inside only… hope this will be sufficient!!!

5 Likes

@Storm @Spiney_norman @Fieldofdreams @Tylersays @PurpNGold74 @DarhkGrows @Dreamer @JustNikki @MidwestGuy So it begins… Tent not due for 5 more days, but need to sow…

7 Likes

Set to watch. The race is on :horse_racing:

1 Like

@ThEdUdeABidES Git’er done!!

1 Like

Excited to watch your girls grow and compare them to my zkittles auto siamese! I still have 18 of those seeds so will fun to watch the different phenos! Thank you for tagging me :raised_hands:

1 Like

Thanks for the tag :+1:t2:. Along for the ride

1 Like

Yeah, you’re gonna need it to be lower for use but that reading only applies to that tap water. After you mix in nutes the Ph will change and that’ll be the point you’re working from.
At 7.9 the added nutes might put you in range without using Ph adjustments.
Mine generally runs about 7.0 at the tap and after nutes mid 5’s so I have to use Ph up

4 Likes

That’s what I was wondering… still going thru the site here and writing stuff down for a quick “cheat sheet” till I become better at all this… :+1: Thanks for that!

1 Like

All six showing after 3 days in COM soil. That damn tent better show up soon! Under cheapo light wands for the moment. Just still doming and spraying the dome for moisture…

6 Likes

dood :metal:t2::sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

It looks to be doing fine under the current light. No stretch to speak of.
You should be good for a week like this.
The arrival of the tent will be a fun day to remember. Set up is a blast.

4 Likes

Just did a slurry test on COM soil with distilled H2o in which my seedling are currently in. Still, just planted them all in “damp” not saturated soil and doming it and using distilled H2o. Everything sprouted and seems to be ok for now. Just got PH(up/dn) in mail today and tent looks to be arriving on Monday afternoon (another 60-74hrs)… Comments? Concerns? @dbrn32 @MidwestGuy @PurpNGold74 @Tylersays @Fieldofdreams

3 Likes

7.1 isn’t horrible but I’d be Ph-ing the water to the low side of the range, say around 6.2 or so for a bit and check after you’ve done a few “full” feedings.
A lot of factors will change the Ph of the soil, nutes and microbes included. And it most always sends the Ph up!
My Ph gets screwed up all the time because I want to overfeed the ladies.
Hard learned lesson but I’m getting better at manipulating the PPMs of what I’m feeding them to help keep it in check.
More isn’t always better and in fact, over time, is actually worse.
Keep the PPMs low now and ramp up as they get bigger and need more.
Check PPMs and Ph at run off to help along the way.

4 Likes

This about where i typically ph for soil grows anyway, so i agree.

4 Likes

@dbrn32 @MidwestGuy That is kinda what I’ve been reading and thanks for the chime in. :+1: As mentioned, I just got the up/dn kit today. As it stands right now the soil is moist to almost dry(ish), damp on the surface and the glass dome is sprayed with the distilled h2o for the moment, around the cups is reading 47% humidity at 76*f and I have the door open here as its a lovely day.

2 Likes

@Tylersays @MidwestGuy @Spiney_norman
So this is day 5 since put in soil and day 3 after breaking surface. A few of them about to hit the top of the cup, looks like a little stretching going on(?) Top of soil still damp and still no watering , just misting the domes. Tent on track to arrive tomorrow afternoon.


2 Likes

You can cut a couple of water or pop bottles for more height in the dome.

2 Likes

Getting a touch of stretch. Possible to take off tops now and getem a touch more light. Just me. I dome my clones long…sprouts i get going then transition from dome a few days in to get some first truer leaves. Then potem to forever pots. Just me. A little breeze with domes off…a LITTLE…will strengthen the stems. Letem reach deep before hard water is what i do. This girl i actually went directly to pot when germed. Did not do a thing for 2 weeks. Pot was presoaked and cooked a month. Living soil.

1 Like