Nervous about more training

I’ve already done a lot of training on this photo Hindu Kush. The two main colas are getting close to the light. The dli #s on the two colas are in the mid 60s while the rest of the plant is in the low 40s. Starting week 3 of flower today. Do I have any other options? What happens if I leave it alone? I have no more room to move the light up

I would have to bend her somewhere around there

2 Likes

The main training I do at that point is trim as necessary to maintain good airflow within the plant’s canopy. The only other thing I might do to a mature plant is supercrop if necessary if plant height becomes an issue.

The plant will for the most part stop growing once the stretch is over and training will then no longer be necessary. The plant will then focus on developing and ripening flower. The stretch will last for another week, maybe 2.

5 Likes

So I can/should leave her alone? Cause that’s what I would like to do.

It’s up to you. You will be getting varied opinions on this as others chime in, I just shared what I do. Others might suggest stripping the bottom 1/3 of the plant or even some form of lollipopping. If you choose to lollipop, then be careful to not take too much off. The plant needs its leaves to manufacturer the sugars the plant needs to be healthy.

Lets see what others have to say too.

3 Likes

Bottom 3rd of the plant is clean.

1 Like

Supercropping is also my solution to the stems that decide to grow taller than the rest.
Here is a pic of one I have just chopped recently, but the pics are just after supercropping.

You can see the one spot where the stem is bent, the others are hidden by foliage but give you the idea. The buds were just as big as the rest. Keeps the canopy even.

4 Likes

If I super crop it then I need to find something to support it with, yes?

1 Like

I find I need to tie them to hold them down. They will do everything they can to straighten back out. Cannabis is crazy strong. You may though need to support it a few days. I have a scrog net that helped hold them up at first.

3 Likes

When I have plants get to close to my light I pull the areas over and tie them down. If you do this LST it won’t harm it in anyway.

4 Likes

I’d like to watch a video on super cropping. I get the idea but I’ve never done it. Can you suggest something please?

I’ve already done that. Thank you tho for the suggestion

5 Likes

Thanks man. Appreciate ya

Stretch is over so you are where it is going to finish. Lights pretty far up but if lights are good no prob. I would just go woohoo she is looking good and go watch tv. Perfect canopy is cool but that height difference between colas is nothing. I grow straight up anymore. Flowers at top of a sativa is quite a bit closer than rest. Same with a straight up indica. In my opinion unless crowding the light just roll on.

3 Likes

I vote for super cropping like the others. You are not going to hurt the plant. It will be growing back up in a few days. Even if the stem cracks a little it will be fine.

3 Likes

I let my girl grow straight up to the 8 node or so they bend her over at the 4/5 node when the lower branches get to the height where im putting the net on her.ends up like this.

Then this

6 Likes

Great illustration! Spot on. Thank you for sharing a complete visual from start to finish.

1 Like

It’s scarry the 1st or 2nd time you bend her in half but its like spanking a child…it hurts you more than them!

5 Likes

Beautiful

I’m definitely leaning towards leaving it alone. I’m gonna watch Kushmans video tho. Make up my mind after that. I don’t care about a perfect canopy I was more worried about the two colas being too close to the light.

1 Like