My risky 4 buck chuck grow (Future forest, or will it be dead wood?)

Coconut oil and sunflower lethacin. I run the oil in the mic till it melts, then I dump in my extract and toss it in the mighty fast with the honey. Let it whip for about 30 seconds and add the lethacin and let it run for a full cycle. I was using the source turbo, to get the last extract. It takes to much effort though. Gonna go bubble hash next time.

Ingredients:
2-5 cups honey or agave
1/2-1 ounce herbs 1 heaping tablespoon of coconut oil per cup of honey/agave (example: if using 2 cups of honey/agave use two heaping tablespoons of coconut oil)
1 tablespoon soy or sunflower lecithin

If you have a good recipe let me know.
:blush:

2 Likes

I can’t handle edibles at all, but I love reading people’s recipes. Wish I could handle them, lol. @MadamCalamity does the infusing and stuff around here, and she enjoys edibles.

Really appreciate you sharing. :grin:

2 Likes

I’ve never considered infusing honey before, sounds like I’m gonna have to try it sometime.

3 Likes

You absolutely should, an eighth of a teaspoon in a mug of tea is a great way to roll into an evening! The liquid honey makes an excellent conveyance device. It’s a quick desolve, and the natural sugar is something your body processes evenly and quickly throughout your bloodstream.

Meaning, you feel impact fast across a number of systems. Muscles head and heart. Great for migraine pain, muscle aches, and anxiety or nervous tension.

Plus, honey is a natural immune booster and the the is respiratory analgesic.:blush:

3 Likes

So the nice thing about honey as an edible is it’s ridiculously easy to modify doses to stay comfy. Best way to give it a go is to line up a dose 20 mins before you don’t want to do anything significant.

Wanna good nights sleep, put a tip of a butter knife in the jar. Sample and head off to read in bed. Make it a comic book though cause you won’t get to deep into a story.:joy:

If you think about a piece of excel gum as a comparison. I use a 5th of one at most.

2 Likes

You create rosin, is there a chlorophyll taste to that?

2 Likes

Best way to fatten the buds? I am still mucking around with light doses in the feed, but the water is around 800 tds… how long do you run bloom?

2 Likes

No. Kinda hard to explain the flavor, I love it though.

2 Likes

If you were to think about putting it in the aforementioned honey, would it have a flavour or would it be undetectable?

I started with bud before I moved to extracts, the plant flavour was definitively present. The extracts, made it way less. Looking for another option to get it down.

2 Likes

I don’t think there is any flavor at all when decarbed and used for edibles. A little goes a long way but it can take a lot of flower to produce. Definitely a clean way to use it. Of course the purity of the rosin depends on the microns of the bags used during the press. I think I’ve read that 1 gram is equivalent to on average 400mg of thc. It’s an oil essentially. We mostly use trichomes because it’s easier and just as potent. Too strong for me. @MadamCalamity may be able to answer better.

Pressing is way is better for dabs than anything else.

1 Like

No dabs for this fella. Tried it once and I almost fell off planet earth.

3 Likes

The rosin does have somewhat of a taste. It’s does have a hint of weed/terpene flavor but without the nasty chlorophyll taste.

2 Likes

Need to make a decision at harvest time. I’m leaning towards bubble hash for the lot, would need to figure out how to get the most out of the bud…. You or low know anyone running bud into bubble hash?

1 Like

Free astronaut class man, silver linings.
:joy::blush:

2 Likes

Make sure to tag people using the @ sign followed by a name otherwise we don’t get notified. :call_me_hand:t3: I don’t really hear harvests in any particular direction.

Maybe @Myfriendis410 @Caligurl @Budbrother

@Puddlehead doesnt smoke but consumes, what’s the best way to utilize a harvest?

1 Like

I strictly make QWET with my Source Turbo. It’s not difficult but it does run for a bit… but only need to check it once or twice to add more ice to the tray.

1 gram of qwet is actually between 750-800 mg of thc. You can’t get any closer to dosing correctly than that. 1 get approximately 1.5 grams from an ounce

I’ve infused honey but I don’t add the lecithin. Lecithin is needed when using oils to make everything bind together… another benefit of qwet…

I, personally, think that bubble hash is waaaay more time intensive and you leave quite a bit behind. I harvest so much every year that I only make 2 runs in the Source with each ounce of bud. Run 1 is a super quick wash which provides me a really clean concentrate that I can decarb afterwards for edibles or leave it as is to dab or vape it.

2nd run kicks out more but it gets a longer wash so it does pull a little chlorophyll out but the taste in edibles is still wonderful.

5 Likes

I’d do a dry ice hash over bubble hash for the simplicity and time savings. Then make up edibles since they don’t smoke.

3 Likes

Nice run,

I might do a source run again. Finding the grain alcohol is a pain here, and I don’t know if I love the idea of the alcohol in my stuff…

Would love to try a CO2 extraction but I can’t drop 3k on it right now….

2 Likes

Got a link or description on how? I can afford a cheap tumbler.

3 Likes

I’ve tried the dry ice hash too… much better than just plain ice but it costs a LOT of money out here. I’ve seen it in states like Kansas for around $1.50 per pound but we are above $4.00/pound.

The dry ice works a lot better when making qwet too. It pulls more off without the chlorophyll. But because of the cost, I only use it for first runs if I want super clean dab/vape stuff.

Oh, and add to the cost that it takes 25 minutes at a minimum to get to the nearest grocery store.

And as far as having alcohol in your end product, there shouldn’t be any left after you do a complete purge. I have to drive to the next state to get 190.

To do dry ice hash, all you need is a micron bag (same ones you get with the bubble hash bags. You can then filter that down more if you want.

3 Likes