Looking for advice! First time auto-flower grow With a new soil

So I started a new grow with some auto flower seeds i ordered from RQS and just wanted some advice on nutrients and wondering if anyone had ever used rouge soil. I’m doing a 50/50 mix of rocket earth and hard coco because everyone says how sensitive autoflowers can be to nutrients. So that being said I’m using FF Trio as nutrients and wondering when to start feeding them and how much to feed them when I do feed them. Please help thank you guys!

1 Like

Following if you don’t mind.
I wish you the best of luck with your grow…

2 Likes

Following myself. I would def get a ph and ppm meter to check your runoffs…

4 Likes

@ChittyChittyBangin I have both and a soil ph tester.
I’ve been watering in at 6.5 and when I did a soil ph test it was around 6.4. I haven’t done any run off yet because I’m scared to over water lol

3 Likes

Gotcha. Im so confused about coco lol… since youre using rocket earth youd treat it like soil. 6.4 is a great spot. Looks like youre on the right track

2 Likes

I would give them plain pH water till around week 3 start to give 1ml drop per liter for fertilizer. or around 400 ppm, watering till run off when they 4 week old, with 600 ppm feed.

2 Likes

What is this Growmie?

I haven’t t found this to be true. I feed Photo periods and auto flowering plants the same. 800-1000 PPMs

For mediums that are amended with nutrients like Fox Farms Ocean Forrest, Happy frog or coco loco will feed the plant for approximately 4-6 weeks before nutrients are needed, a run off test is needed to check the mediums available nutrients and feed once this dips to 800 or less and feed at 1000. For mediums like coco that are void of any nutrients you start feeding immediately. I grow in coco and use jacks 321 and buffer the coco full strength and drop the seed, around week 2 of veg I start feeding to liberal run off :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

So I used about a 50/50 mix of rouge soils rocket earth and their hard coir coco. I actually got it 5$ a bag from a buddy cause he works at the factory here where I live so I figure I would give it a try. But the reason I mixed it was to give it a more airy less nutrient dense soil because of what I’ve read about have light soil with low nutrients. I actually started in some leftover happy from soil I had from fox farm and one of them experienced a little nutrient burn on first set of leaves but it grew out on the second set. And how do your autos react to 800-1000ppm? No nutrient burn? Or just some finger nail paint? @OGIncognito

1 Like

Gotcha, I would recommend not mixing soil and coco. 2 different PH ranges, soil is 6.3-6.8 and coco is 5.8-6.2. Perlite is used to aid in draining and when I run coco I use a 70/30. My autos react well at 800-1000. The FF trio fertilizer is heavy in Salts and can create PH issues and they recommend a periodic flush but feeding or watering to liberal run off can help with this. With coco it’s a daily feed and to liberal run off, soil likes a drench to drought routine :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Ok good to know for next time lol not sure I can fix it now but it was an experiment so let’s see how it goes. I have two full bags of rocket earth for my next grow so I’ll run it straight

1 Like

@OGIncognito what would you recommend for watering since it’s a 50/50 mix? Would I water to run off then wait to dry or give periodic watering and and occasional runoff since it’s a 50/50 mix

1 Like

Thats a bad mixture. Your going to run into pH issue when you flip to flower. I just got done harvesting a plant i had in half coco half soil and it made it but not nearly as nice as the ones in straight soil. Good luck.
For the veg stage i treated it like dirt but had to flush the pH down to 6.0 in flower. It didn’t know what it wanted and grew small buds.

2 Likes

Always water or feed to run off once the plant is old enough…generally around the 2nd week of veg (after the 14 day seedling period) this helps keep a healthy root zone. Since you’re in a mix I would start the PH around 6.3 and PPMs at 800. Feed to 20% run off and check the numbers :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

@OGIncognito ok so today is actually day 14 since germination and they broke soil 11 days ago. So are you saying 14 days of seedling plus 2 weeks of veg then start doing run off?

2 Likes

Yes and this is the method I use and works for me. This depends on a healthy seedling start with no overwatering or nutrient issues. The great thing about growing photo period cannabis is the luxury of time for healing or correcting issues during the veg period :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

21 days above ground, water ring approximately 4” around the base to promote root growth.

End of 2nd week of veg with run off numbers. These are growing in FF Coco Loco and checking the run off shows it’s time to feed :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Here is a ff feeding schedule if that helps.

1 Like

They are reading 6.6-6.7 right now doing a soil test. So I’m hoping when they are ready for run of they will be around the same

Is this reading from the moisture meter in the 1st pic Growmie?? :love_you_gesture:

1 Like