It's not rocket science right?

it’s just bad luck right!??

ok, so here’s the long story as a short as possible…

for the record…I’ve never had a bag seed *not germinate

in 2016 I bought 10 WW autos… long story short not one seed germinated that I tried April of *this year, there are far too many variables to make anything out of it

ok so no problem, moving on…

orded a few seeds from a shop, and put 2 seeds out of my 5 seed auto mix pack to soak… at day 2 one seed showed a little sign and I could see the seed split a little and see a white structure inside the seed along the split, but never a tap root, same with the second seed at day 3, bit it looked more green… at the start of day 4 I went ahead and planted them as I always have done… and after day three in soil nothing

pic is of my seeds and the method I use for germination

2 Likes

I don’t know, man. The first Mars probe crashed into the surface!!! They forgot to convert between feet and meters…and that was rocket science!

7 Likes

Can’t really tell are they submerged?

3 Likes

Pie X y square ( +6-¿) 5.3069 by 23%
Does seem a little bit easier than germinating seeds

5 Likes

@Edward7983 Are you soaking them for 4 days? I wasn’t sure I was reading that correctly.

Old seeds maybe… Very old… But newer seeds… 12-16 hour soak then to damp paper towels in dark.

Seeds can be drowned.

3 Likes

I soaked until most had tails and a couple were cracked. Put them in coco and most sprouted the next day, One of’m took 3 or 4 days to sprout. Looked knarely and runted. Close to six weeks in its my biggest. Who knows…

2 Likes

LOL In a way it is, just plug in a couple #'s and there you go! Just make sure it is the right equation.

3 Likes

I had the same issue. I would put my seeds straight to dirt and never had a problem. A couple of years ago suddenly I couldn’t get anything to germinate. I finally broke the curse when I switched to the method @Growmoredank described. I also found that a warm environment is key to a quick germination.

3 Likes

yeah that’s so true,. or the most recent moon lander, they forgot. to flipa switch for navigation smh

yes they are completely submerged just have minimal water (RO)

2 Likes

haha, are you a rocket scientist? I’ll take pie over Pi

2 Likes

the seeds I just ordered didn’t do squat… yes 4 days till I just gave up and planted them with no tails, still nothing

I didn’t know you could drown seeds… gonna look into your method… do you place the seeds between 2 wet paper towels in a ziplock baggie? not a variation?

3 Likes

well then I might have a chance still, but I’m pretty ready to soak another 2 seeds using Fiesfies paper towel method, just need a detail or two

kinda like my dog, he was the runt. of my ex GFs dog, and now hes the big boy :slight_smile:

4 Likes

a warm environment, the garage or on top of my desktop PC is pretty warm too

does Fiefies method involve a ziplock bag?

3 Likes

I use ro water for everything. I place a half of a damp paper towel for each seed in a small plastic container. 1 container for each strain. that goes into my 78 deg grow room as well as a solo cup 1/3 full of water for each strain. After everything has acclimated for a day, I drop the seeds in the water in the evening. The next morning I place the seeds in the paper towels, seal the lids and wrap them in a towel. They sit like that for 24 hours. After that check every 6-12 hours, when they have 1/4"-1/2" tail they are ready to go into starting medium. poke a hole in the medium with a bamboo skewer the depth of the reticle. use a pair of tweezers to gently place into the hole. Pack the soil around the reticle just a little. Do not cover the helmet head it should be level with the soil not under. over the next few days it will shed the helmet head as it grows up.

3 Likes

This grow was the first time I went straight from a cup of water to coco. I normally did just like Fiefies said, and had simlar results which is why I tried something different.

I make a aluminum foil pack… I may have a pic. Laying on the heat mat. Inside is the wet paper towel. Damp more than wet I suppose, since I soak first.

2 Likes

This

I am failing miserably - Grow Support - I Love Growing Marijuana Forum (ilgmforum.com)

The only thing that I will add is, the taproot may not be visible. It is Okay to premoisten some paper towel and drop seeds onto the towel, fold towel over seeds and place in ziplock bag. Be sure to open bag twice a day for air exchange/

4 Likes

would that be 3% H2O2 to mix with water? would like to this when I start my next round in a couple weeks.

1 Like

yes it is 3%

2 Likes

I’m more of a Baker’s assistant so I agree with you I’ll take pie any day

2 Likes

YEAAHH!..To Whom?!