Inkbird temperature controller

Looking at buying a inkbird temp controller just wanting to know if it can do what I’m looking for before purchase. I’m wanting to run active intake with a 4 inch exhaust and 4 inch intake. Will an inkbird run like this?

If you mean set the temperature and hook both fans to it so it will turn both on n off then yes it will

Does it matter which one is cooling and which one is heating?

Now I’m not sure if it will trigger both ways :thinking: I thought you wanted them both to come on together when it got to hot in your tent. I’ve never used one but I’m thinking you might need two inkbird for it to do both but I could be wrong

Yeah i want it to turn off and on when needed practically for both of them

1 Like

Are you having problems that you need to implement this? If not I wouldn’t bother. You want air exchange 100% of the time your lights are on. It’s not exactly bad when lights are off either.

1 Like

You’ll have to wait for someone who uses the inkbird… I believe @OGIncognito or @JJ520 use them I just can’t remember which one but since I tagged them they should stop in and both are great guys and should be able to help you out

2 Likes

I’m not always home I work a lot and my temp can fluctuate a lot I have noticed. Can go from 27c to 31c and I wouldn’t be available to turn fans up or down if needed

I would get a fan that has controller that will maintain minimum speed setting, then increase if need be.

2 Likes

Okay I’ll look into that. Should my intake be bigger then my exhaust or vice versa?

2 Likes

Must Be JJ, all my gear is old School manual tuning :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

The opposite, you’ll want to exhaust the heat with a larger CFM fan to keep the temps optimum :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

You’ll want to make sure exhaust is moving more air than intake if you are using carbon filter on exhaust. If using fans on both, typically want exhaust to be more cfm than intake. If you were using passive intake then you probably want the intake port to be larger than measurement of fan you’re using.

2 Likes

I don’t think you need an inkbird control for what your looking to use her for.
I would look in to a 4” ac infinity fan with smart control
I use an inkbird for my ac system in the lung room and humidifier in my dry tent

thanks for the help I bought a 6 inch exhaust with a smart controller so hopefully ill get that in the next week or so. my plan is to have the 4inch intake running out of the room to pull fresh air in from the hallway and the 6 inch to exhaust air out of grow room to outside

1 Like

Good plan, I use the inexpensive inline duct fans for pulling in fresh air, 1/3 of the cost. You might 2) 4” depending on the length of the run. I also grow in my garage and it’s the primary lung room so I’ll exhaust 2 tents into the garage but have an air purifier running near the intakes :love_you_gesture:. Food for thought

im hoping this will keep temps somewhat controlled

1 Like

I use the AC Infinity 6” with smart controller and I love it. Can set max/min RH and temp lvls for alarms, can run the fan at individual speeds, or have it kick on when temp or RH gets to high.

I currently have mine running constantly on a setting of 1 during the day and 2 at night so my humidity doesn’t get into the upper 80s. Lol

1 Like

What size tent is that?

It’s a 2x2x4! I initially got that ventilation system for my bigger 3x3x6 tent