I need some advice about lighting upgrade

I was wondering if it was worth it to buy another 200w led light,
I don’t think I’ll do more than 4 plants at a time
And I was wondering if this upgrade was worthy

What do y’all think?
Thanks

1 Like

Upgrades are great. You can’t go wrong buying a light built with Samsung LM301 diodes (HLG, Spider Farmer, or Mars Hydro.)

Plan on providing ~200 watts per plant.

6 Likes

Always :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::metal: I would rather have more than I need than to stress out what I have

2 Likes

Well that didn’t take long, I’m convinced I just ordered another one I’ll get it on the 31
Thanks y’all
And yes I eventually plan to upgrade again

2 Likes

Buy once cry once my friend!!! Of course get what you can afford to get though

3 Likes

Fair enough

1 Like

Hey man since I don’t have a tent I was thinking of buying some diamond mylar to cover the walls all around the plants, what do you say? My only concern is I have seen some people on the internet say it’s not very durable is it true?
What are the alternatives to mylar?

1 Like

Flat white paint has been proven to be equally effective.

5 Likes

Really?? Thanks for the answer I guess I’ll add some white panels around them

White paint. Or not. Wont matter. Footprint is downward.

1 Like

Really not even around the plants?

Nah you are golden. White paint if worried.

1 Like

I put up flat white paneling in my seedling/veg room. Works great

1 Like

Guess il do just that, since I have some white panels in my house,

1 Like

@Storm is right the footprint is downward but I feel like it’s wasting light if you just have a dark wall absorbing it where you could have a white wall reflecting it.

1 Like

LOL found mine on a job site :wink: white on one side carbon fiber on the other. I started out in a 4-ft by 2 ft rack from home Depot then when I added the paneling it helped a whole lot in my opinion.

1 Like

Well one side has white wall and one a white furniture but two sides don’t have nothing and wanted to put something there because it’s seems like a waste

@DoneDeal @Storm @MidwestGuy
Thanks for all the advices guys much appreciated

Once I harvest and cure it I’ll smoke the biggest bud in y’all honour

2 Likes

Flat white is supposed to reflect the paint as well or better than mylar and flat white don’t gain hot spots like mylar will. I like the looks of the shiny silver over the white look but I still keep mylar on the walls. Home Depot has some like a quarter inch type of mylar that’s pretty durable but I’ve only seen it in like 2 foot wide rks like 25 feet long or so. I can however get foam board cheap stuff and wrap that with mylar to make the mylar a bit more durable. After each grow or 2 it gonna wanna change the mylar tho as it starts to lose the colors and shine from the light beating on it all day. Also splashing water will dull it after some time also

1 Like