How long to veg GDP

Gett’in back in the game. Got some GDP plants started and wondered how long I should veg for. I’m in a 4’ x 4’ tent so I’m only put’in 3 in there. If I remember correctly these get a little bushy.
Gilly

Time depends on a lot of things…my approach in a 4x4 is to use 4 plants and train them to get a flat canopy. I wait until the tent is about 75% full…and then flip…knowing the plants will double in size. They do need thinning as GDP grows dense…light needs to get to the buds

With 4 plants about 17" at flip seems to work well for me.

Good luck…I have some GDP curing now…can’t wait to smoke.

4 Likes

Real gdp isn’t a big plant. My suggestion would be to veg as long as possible 60 days or so in a 5 gallon. And don’t expect monster yields either

1 Like

I’ve got 4 go’in but 1 is go’in outside. I did 4 - 1 other time and it was damn near’t too much. I’ll spread the buds out best I can. Got a 4" x 4" mesh net I’m not much on try’in new stuff. I’m 1 of those “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” guys. I do the basics but otherwise I just let’em grow.

3 Likes

I get ya…sounds like a good plan…Good luck and post some update pics

1 Like

Good choice.
I have five. Two must go to make room for the best three.
Which child shall I sacrifice?
Very painful decision, for me.

3 Likes

I sprouted some GDP auto beans two grows ago. They were in 5 gal pots and were very small. Great smoke 20% thc when tested. Good luck with your grow they look healthy and happy

Sorry I must be partaking in my smoke and I’m seeing plants…

That’s been my experience also. Usually I’m able to squeeze an ounce per gallon but with gdp I don’t. The ones I have are short and bushy and have heavy cbd properties and don’t turn purple. Grew a dosi X gdp cross recently and the same exact results. Short bushy lower yielding.

2 Likes

My grow this time is super skunk autos. I changed to a hydroponic setup and changed nutes to green planet. It paid off in a huge way. I just chopped this one and the changes paid off in yield. Biggest colas I’ve ever had for sure.

2 Likes

I was so close to getting the super skunk autos when I won free seeds but chose super lemon haze instead regretfully un regretfully.

2 Likes

My gdp are huge. Ive only had one runt to date. Definitely real gdp. Veg time is preference and by size. Personally i do a 4 wk veg in coco. They are certainly a thick plant as well. This one im going to show u in a sec will get atleast a pound. This one is a monstercropped clone from a 12oz plant last run, but with three other plants in tent.

1 Like

Thought this fit this thread…I bought the shirt!

GDP shirt

This was one of the buds from my GDP harvest last week.

4 Likes

Blimburn or ken Estes?

I see where your going with this. There ilgm gdp. Not from the original creator. That make it fake? Lol

2 Likes

Nah. I just say real because that’s the one that was going around 20 years ago and from everything I read is a slow vegger and low ish yields. Like pulling a pound a light was almost off the table with those cuts but that’s just hearsay.

2 Likes

That’s what mine looked like. Big ole fluffy buds that didn’t weigh much but they were dense if that makes sense

1 Like

I will say each plant ive done was really different from each other. Not sure if gdp has more different phenotypes then others. But i got lucky and found a good one. Ill be keeping that one around a long time.

1 Like

Previous gdp run

2 Likes

Welcome back , I veged about seven weeks with 3 plants in a 4x4 space GDP Pull and spread limps out you will end up with a tent full. Good luck :v: