How is cannabis still illegal federally?

So I have a serious problem with Cannabis being “schedule I,” alongside heroin as having no potential medical uses.

First off, that makes zero sense.

Secondly….what classifies a plant as Cannabis? I assume that since hemp is classified as cannabis with less than .3% THC, then cannabis is the reciprocal.

If THC is why cannabis is illegal, but a plant only has THCa, which is not illegal on any level, how can you possibly get a possession charge. All cannabis is technically hemp with Zero THC until you light it on fire.

Am I missing something here?

3 Likes

Remember the US isn’t just going to legalize federally because states have. They need to save face infront of the rest of the governing world. Until you see the UN bring up legalization I don’t think we’ll see it go fed…just my thoughts

9 Likes

You have to go back to the dastardly reasons why it was made illegal in the first place.
We here in Australia are still being persecuted because of the stupid imposition of these laws forced upon us by United Nations courtesy of the USA.
All the lives destroyed and people incarcerated thanks to these laws.

2 Likes

The public pawns we are… and at the mercy of the great social experiment.

2 Likes

Nixon and his war against the unrest of the hippies…

(History, not politics)

11 Likes

My personal belief and opinion… The cure don’t make the gov money!!!

4 Likes

The 2 sides are quietly talking about legalizing but with a bunch of govt. control over all aspects of its use. In other words…they’ll get their cut first of the corporations they pick to grow and sell. Anyone else is a criminal. No personal growing allowed.

2 Likes

@Newt right on the nail of it all, the fact was that they used pictures of people hooked on heroin and labeled it as marijuana use and side effects. Most of the H at the time was being brought in during the Vietnam war. This is all widely documented in a great book I had read but it was so long ago I don’t remember what it was called.

1 Like

Book called “the war on drugs and the policies of failure”

1 Like

Until removed from schedule 1 classification, it is what it is.

When is the last time we marched upon the capital to protest cannabis as a schedule 1 drug?

People protest all the time for all kinds of in justices.

When stoners stand up and march like they did in the 60s, something may change.

Cali had Jack Herr fighting to legalize, whos fighting the federal gov?

2 Likes

American drug war. The last white hope.
Was about Freeway Ricky Ross and how they funded the Nicaragua war by bringing coke in and useing the money to fund a war. Remember Oliver North? Check out show called Snofall. Pretty much sums it up.

1 Like

My point is there is no THC in any cannabis until it’s lit on fire. Only THCA, which isn’t illegal.

3 Likes

IMO, All drugs should be legalized and regulated. If you do this, while also pricing them extremely cheaply, people like the cartels won’t be able to make money off of them and you’d essentially close down the black markets, while creating better purity.

2 Likes

That’s what libertarians like me believe…the govt needs to stay out of the drug business. My party gets no more than 3% votes in any election. It’s very frustrating. The 2 main parties have no intention of legalizing it without the govt getting a big chunk. My suggestion would be to take young school kids on drive by trips to where these tweekers and dope shooters congregate. Do that enough times and I think they’ll get the message about the bad drugs. I just want them to legalize weed with no restrictions. Sadly…the black market is cheaper in most cases than the dispensaries according to my son.

1 Like

:exploding_head: woa….using this if I get pinned , you may get a call to be my lawyer tho

The parties are there to divide, like everything else. There needs to be an “American Party.” One that believes in bringing us into a sustainable future.

2 Likes

Nixon also started the rapid inflation when he removed the gold standard in 1971.

1 Like

He also added the DEA and started the war on drugs…that worked out great so far.

I’ve been saying for years now legalize all drugs and the gene pool will sort itself out. No disrespect to anybody but you’ve seen unhealthy people at a buffet and we all know how that goes…

3 Likes

The main issue with schedule 1, is it places that drug in the no medical use category. Imagine if Cannabis was deemed by the Feds to have medical value, you would soon see commercials like “Does anxiety keep you up at night? Take a THC gummy, warning may lead to feelings of euphoria and hunger”. What type companies do not want that. I think this is the main issue, billions on the line.

1 Like