Help Germination

I have had apple fritter auto seeds in water for 7 days now and really no tail. Should I take them out and put in soil?

I personally don’t soak seeds for more than 24 hours. It is possible to drown them. You can still put it in soil and see what happens. If you don’t see anything after a week in soil it probably won’t grow. Here is a link to an experiment I did comparing a few techniques if your interested.

3 Likes

Were they warm? Alot of folks forget about the 78° factor when germing. No harm in putting it in soil and see what happens. 7 days in water is way too long IMO. Might still sprout though.

4 Likes

Happy cake day, @Bonjoyle

2 Likes

I agree 7 days it’s probably a goner. Here’s what I do, and get 100% success. Get some fox farm happy frog soil, and solo cups. Moisten the soil, and fill the solo cup. Drop the seed directly into the soil (not very deep 1/4” at most), and cover it with soil. Spray a little water on top to settle the seed, and stick a baggie over the top to make a little greenhouse. Keep it warm, and it should break ground in about 3 or 4 days. Stick it under your light on low power, and don’t water until dry.

Amnesia Haze blueberry autoflowers ILGM seeds two cups of water a good tablespoon or so hydroperoxide 36 hours this is what happens for me every time. Also keep it warm I keep it in the kitchen on the top warm part of cabinets.
I’m sure different parts of the world you can do different things and everybody’s going to do different things which is awesome. I just know every time I do this it is perfect hydro peroxide softens the shell lets the seed punch :facepunch: through with extra oxygen. Good luck 7 days throw them in soil nothing worse than not trying a little more.

1 Like

Thankyou for all the help
I threw them in soil and 2 days later 3 out of 4 came to life

2 Likes

Let the seedling soil dry, for a week, at least.
Congratulations, they are growing!.

thankyou