I’d be there if I could, although truthfully given one chance to smoke with the growmaster, I would have to go all in on trying your cherry
. Been dreaming of that strain ever since I first saw your journal a year ago ![]()
And Cherry you would smoke.
Wouldn’t it be something if we get to a point, legally speaking, that folks on this forum could organize get together events. You know, bring your best stuff and exchange with others. Take the community part of this equation to the next level! Ah, but sadly there’s this thing called politics… but who knows ![]()
![]()
Yeah that would be cool but would have to be done on a different website/forum as the rules here prevent us from exchanging personal info (their forum, their rules). Always have a backup, don’t limit yourselves to one forum that don’t let the members communicate with each other privately (PMs).
Very well said I’ve recently branched off to new forums over the last month opens up a lot of doors in a since
Yep that would be awesome as you’ve said you’re in tx. Just spent 5 days in ft worth area. Would have been cool bonus to meet up. Maybe when we’re both retired. 2028 for me
Once they get over that terrible puppy phase (ie 2 years lol) German shepherds are just the best dog. I have a white one myself. Huge and scary to anyone looking in but the biggest love bug once he knows you.
Yeah I love german shepards, have had a few over the years.
I’m so ready to retire, been with same company for 25 years, my retirement time frame is about the same as yours.
Youve mentioned not staying there when retired. Do you have somewhere in mind?
Not really sure, could stay in Texas if growing/selling marijuana is legal here by the time I retire, if not I will move to somewhere that it is legal, maybe Colorado or New Mexico, invest some of my pension money to start a legal grow company.
You keep mentoring young farmers as much as you do I bet you’d have a whole company of growers that you’ve already spent years training and know their skills. ![]()
My dream scenario with regard to legal was more in reference to this country as a whole, but thanks for the information about other forums. I’m slow to change and even slower to make new friends honestly, but I guess it would be good to branch out a little. Like @Cratix said, we’ll see. For now keep growing and learning, if that wonderful day when it’s all legal finally arrives, I want to have top shelf stuff to share and show off ![]()
We need to talk about New Mexico…
@Hellraiser, i TOTALLY hear you about not being able to wait for retirement. this day job just gets in the way of what i would much rather do. Still have approx another 1,900 or so days not that I am counting. I am in a state that has made some movement, but still not totally legal. My wife has her medical card so she can purchase very overpriced product at a growing number of local dispensaries but the state gave out all the licenses it “ever intends” for production years ago (to a very small select group).
Last month we spend our vacation traveling to a few local states that seem to be more progressive looking for possible retirement locations. very exciting. shame to have to move, but the kids have grown and moved away so nothing really left anchoring us. would be nice to get some milder weather to boot, but a really nice benefit would be to be able to share my new found hobby (within reason lol).
I had always thought that this would be a great retirement business, but can see this may be a little more daunting from a regulatory standpoint than my previous businesses, but who knows. The times, they are a changing.
PLUS, a year ago all i could manage was to germinate and kill seeds. Heck, if i keep hanging with you folks, who knows what i could be up to by then.
Thanks as always for your attention to your “growpies”
btw, my brother lives in TX and I have some clients out there. it really would be great if there were ILGM local user groups ![]()
Yeah I know New Mexico is not quite there yet but may be in another 6 years.
Yeah, that’s what I’ll be focusing on before making a move anywhere, see what it really takes to get the business license, costs involved, road blocks, etc…
Try Rain Science grow bags. I’ve bought 20 of them. Love them. I use them for my veggies too.
Just got my 10 pack of 5 gal. Rain science bags ready to repot!
Been trying them, love the Rain Science bags as well. Using 5 gal Rain Science grow bags on the Banana Kush grow and my new Cherry clones grow is in 1 gal Rain Science bags. I like the Radicle bags too, just a pain to get.