Hellraiser grows Cherry Ice Cream clones, Jacks vs Advanced Nutrients, making feminized seeds

It sure does, so best to not get too down about it when it happens, just things that farmers go thru.

16 Likes

Yeah that’s a bummer.

6 Likes

Went home for lunch and removed the hermie, could see a few more sacs so it needs to go. Sprayed her down to minimize the pollen flying and cut her out of the screens.

Will check over the other Gelatos very carefully.

21 Likes

hate to see it, hope you got he/she out in time —good luck
:alien: Happy Growing

4 Likes

wont use a like on this one. sorry to see. as you said, its part of the game. still sucks.

1 Like

Happy new year @Hellraiser

2 Likes

Hey, @Chasfitter was that a super critical bud cbd from seedsman?
I just had one that hermied on me I was looking forward to trying this strain but if this is a problem with their seeds I may rethink trying to grow it again

@Hellraiser I accidentally left my UVA lights on for 3 days @18/6 when I transplanted this plant and put it into the big tent could that of caused the hermie? Only supposed to run them 12hrs a day
Thanks

1 Like

I got elev8 runtz grew great well not my clones they seemed to lag an issue and stayed small asf on mee but super tasty is that the only spot found.??

1 Like

Yes this was super critical bud cbd from seedsman , never had a problem running uva lights in veg bad genetics I guess, lesson learned

3 Likes

Thanks @Chasfitter much appreciated

1 Like

I would not think running the UVA for 18/6 in veg would cause hermies.

11 Likes

I found 4 other pollen sacs on that Gelato plant and I’m sure there was more that I didn’t see.

5 Likes

Also opened or just the one that dropped dust…?

1 Like

It’s also amazing how fast they herm, I had a Grand Daddy Purple that was about 4 weeks in flower, filling out nicely, went in next day and sacs starting everywhere. Luckily no damage done from that one.

3 Likes

A couple were open so there will be seeds, did not catch them early enough. A downside of growing such large plants and in 2 screens, can’t move them around for a better look so not gonna see them.

This kinda changes the way I’m gonna do my seed grows from now on, not grow them so big and not screen them. I think my future seed runs will be small plants and quick to flower like a SOG, I can always do bigger yield runs with keeper clones after I know they aren’t hermie prone.

31 Likes

Yeah, makes sense. Not necessarily wholly concern over possible herms but I haven’t run a screen yet for access reasons. I’m sure I will at some point especially certain strains.

Some of the Sick’O’Berry branches would have benefited and I’ll likely screen that next time. Needed a pile of yo-yos which pretty much locked the plant in place anyway.

Either that or silica at the start of flower in hopes to harden them up.

2 Likes

Hey hellraiser how many bricks of Coco for 10,3 gal pots? How many for 10 solos? I know you mentioned it a while ago in one of the journals but I couldn’t find it,thnks

2 Likes

I use 2 bricks of canna coco to fill 4 x 3 gals and have some left over. So for 10 x 3 gals I would think 5 bricks, though 4.5 may do it if you don’t fill them too high. I’d think a half brick would do 10 solo cups with some left over.

3 Likes

Much appreciated :pray:

1 Like

I’m leaving the office and will be offline for a few days.

Happy New Year everyone!!!

26 Likes