Harvest choice?

My 2 plants are ready to harvest. Being my 1st harvest, I’m not sure about a couple things. I’ve flushed with sledge hammer (FF) and then watered with just RO water yesterday. Should I harvest after the pot completely dries out or should I harvest today while the medium is still wet? I guess my main concern is, if the medium is still wet and the plant has a lot of moisture in it. Will that cause mold while I hang dry it? May be a silly question and I hope I’m asking it correctly. I know they are ready to harvest just not sure what’s the best procedure? How long does everyone else choose to harvest after their last watering?
-80 days old from sprout
-autoflower
-indoor grow
-fabric pots
-coco loco/perlite medium

3 Likes

I don’t take that into account at all.
The moisture content in the plant is pretty much the same either way. If I know I am going to chop it I don’t water but only because I don’t see the need to use up water or nutes only to chop the plant later.

2 Likes

I stop nutes 1-2 weeks out and water right up to harvest day but I’m hydro and it’s automatic

3 Likes

There’s the answer. Hydro growers chop the plants that are in straight water without issues. So no need to dry out the soil before cutting it down.

3 Likes

Thank you for the help everyone. I was over thinking it. The hydro analogy makes complete sense. Thanks again. This community it great.

2 Likes

With this being your first harvest you need to be sure you are checking the trichomes on the bud not leaves!! Don’t chop just because the breeder said 80 days and it’s 80 days. Otherwise you’ll most likely be disappointed.

@DarhkGrows, Thanks for the heads up. I’ve been checking the amber hairs on the bud then using a digital microscope for the Trichomes on the bud, not the sugar leaves.

1 Like

Good just wanted to put that out there as some first timers assume to follow time. It’s good you’re checking!

If it wasn’t for this group I would not of known. I appreciate you saying something. If I was not already helped out a couple weeks ago. I would not have known.

1 Like