Grow tent? Help a guy out!

After each run is completed and before totally cleaning the tent I inspect each tent. I get my wife to zip me in and pull the plug on the lights. Have only once found a tiny light leak in the 4x8 zipper. Nothing that black candle wax couldnt fix.

1 Like

@Retiredoldguy, go up on @CoyoteCodyā€™s ebay page and get his 16mm cfm clips for your tent. I use them in all my tents. Greta product. I use 3/4" x 48" wood dowels cut to size.

2 Likes

Seams are shite on my 2x4 vivosun. Iā€™d be in trouble if I wasnā€™t growing autos. Their garbage pH pen almost ruined my grow. If you want a top notch tent get a gorilla grow. My light went from vivosun to HLG. My next tent will be GG. Basically GG is the HLG of tents. As good as it gets. They have the lite line thatā€™s cheaper and probably better than most. But the original gorilla grow is where itā€™s at.

Iā€™ve read a lot of good stuff about AC Infinity. My next setup will be their fans and control system, GG tent and my HLG light. Wish Iā€™d have just bought that to start with instead of wasting half a rack on VS.

2 Likes

@Outlaw i have a buddy who only uses gorilla tents and he swears they are the best. Id have one if they had the size i needed lol. Not the biggest fan of vivosun but ill be damned if i was gonna evict the tent undo the lights and take everything out to get another one like that so ive just been dealing with it using aluminum tape

1 Like

Iā€™ve had my vivosun duel chamber 4x5 for almost 2 years and itā€™s had something growing in it since the day it got to my house Iā€™m in both sides daily and have had no issues the zippers have never given an problems and the price is very affordable Iā€™m not saying the other brands arenā€™t better but if your on a budget then vivosun is worth looking at

1 Like

INDOOR ROOM HEIGHT?
INDOOR ROOM INTAKE?
INDOOR ROOM EXHAUST?
Temp/humidity control?
All factor into tent size.
START as big as possible.
USE with AC-Infinity, full product line if 4x4x6.5 and larger.
Plan ahead and capture sale or discounts.
LIGHTs will be the final nail.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input. I have found that ANY cheap product that includes a zipper, that zipper is where they tried to save money and cheap out on the manufacturing. The fact that the zippers on these tents arenā€™t TOTAL CRAP does say a lot about the product as a whole.

1 Like

Seams on my 4x4 are so thick and solid, they forever trap the zipper (Vivosun)
Apollo tent better (Tent total openings better also). I have yet to sit inside tent looking for leaks.
No room inside tent when lights off. EXPANDABLE or DIVIDABLE options may be useful

1 Like

Didnā€™t think about the lights. I may need to try to plan around the ones I have. I have almost a grand in lights that I would prefer not to part with and replace. I have the spider farmer sf4000 times 2.

maybe I should consider two tents and hang one light each in them?

1 Like

INDOOR ROOM HEIGHT?
INDOOR ROOM INTAKE?
INDOOR ROOM EXHAUST?
Temp/humidity control
More lights more issues.

I gotta say too. I love those nice thick bungee cord style scrog nets they make for the tents that just hook to your corner poles. Those are t!ts.

Absolutely. a flower tent and veg tent areviable management options.
Having already invested in equipment may influence your decisions.
Hell my whole grow has changed from the plan, version 1.
Two flower tent for winter is great plan.

1 Like

@coyotecody has corner pieces for supporting stuff inside tents.

2 Likes

Right? Gotta be dynamic.

YUP, mine reads .5 higher and slower than the APERA20 or the blue piece of crap.
Broke the first one. Second one ruined the first grow PRIME FLOWERING TRANSITION with the PH lockout I am fighting. Hell, TBT, fighting incidents of temperature, surgery, shitty equipment, and surprisingly, I got some weed to smoke. Gettting better weekly.

2 Likes

Had one yellow pen, worked for about a month or so and took a dump, bought a SECOND yellow pen, dropped it in my sample dish and when it got wet it took a dump, bought a THIRD yellow pen and it went out of calibration the SECOND DAY I had it (like .6 out of calibration) so I calibrated it with the ONE PACKET OF 6.82 cal solution they send with it and it went out of calibration 2 minutes later. Had to recalibrate two to three seconds before measuring anything and get a read before it went out again. I want to get a new one but donā€™t have the funds at the moment. So I ordered fifteen more calibration packets to use with this one that SHOULD get me to the end of this grow and then I can start brainstorming new equipment for my next one. Just LIMPING ALONG, man!!! Lmao

Yep. Right in the same neighborhood as mine. I loathe not having a solid point of reference when growing. Lost in the dark.

Honestly, APERA 20 is forum and my recommendation. BIG TIME quality and says submersible or waterproof? Thank The Lord, mine arived when it did. Why would 3 other PH pens last less than a month? Who figure on that. Apera20 treated like gold and works great.

1 Like

Itā€™s got the little sponge in the cap so you can store it with storage solution?

This one?

2 Likes