Garrigan"s soil recipe

Hey Garrigan!! I saw your soil recipe but now can’t find it.Brother, can you steer me in the right direction?Oh by the way, I used hey Garrigan to the sound of " hey culligan man!!" Just shows how dang old I am!!!

4 Likes

@garrigan62

Is it for outside plants?

hey wickedale it’s for greenhouse grow in 10 gal fabric pots

@oldngrey2 Is this the recipe your lookn for??

3 Likes

yep that’s the one pigmanbbq (by the way I just got hungry for ribs) thanks everyone. Have a fruitful and wonderful day!!!

1 Like

@oldngrey2
Ask an you shall receive lol

@garrigan65’s soil recipe:
Full Recipe
8 1.5 cubic ft bags of Roots Organics soil or a high-quality organic
potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)
25 to 50 lbs of organic worm castings
5 lbs steamed bone meal
5 lbs bloom bat guano
5 lbs blood meal
3 lbs rock phosphate
¾ cup Epson salts
½ cup sweet lime (dolomite)
½ cup azomite (trace elements)
2 tablespoons powdered humic acid

1/2 Recipe
4 1.5 cubic ft bags of Roots Organics
12.5 to 25 lbs of organic worm castings
2.5lbs steamed bone meal
2.5lbs bloom bat guano
2.5lbs blood meal
1.5lbs rock phosphate
3/8 cup or 6 tablespoons Epsom Salts
1/4 cup or 4 tablespoon sweet lime (dolomite)
1/4 cup or 4 tablespoons azomite (trace elements)
1 tablespoon powdered humic acid

1/4 Recipe
2 1.5 cubic ft bags of Roots Organics
6.25 to 12.5 lbs of organic worm castings
1.25lbs or 20 ounces steamed bone meal
1.25lbs or 20 ounces bloom bat guano
1.25lbs or 20 ounces blood meal
3/4 lbs rock phosphate
3/16 cup or 3 tablespoons Epsom Salts
1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons sweet lime (dolomite)
1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons azomite (trace elements)
1.5 teaspoons powdered humic acid

1/8 Recipe
1 1.5 cubic ft bag of Roots Organics
3.125 to 6.25 lbs of organic worm castings
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces steamed bone meal
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces bloom bat guano
.625 lbs or 5/8 lbs or 10 ounces blood meal
3/8 lbs or 6 ounces rock phosphate
3/32 cup or 1.5 tablespoons Epsom Salts
1/16 cup or 1 tablespoon sweet lime (dolomite)
1/16 cup or 1 tablespoon azomite (trace elements)
3/4 teaspoon powdered humic acid

This better
Soil Recipe to be mixed with 1 to 1/1/2 cu ft of base soil

.3125 lb or 5 oz Fishbone Meal 3-16-0

.3125 lb or 5 oz Steamed Bone Meal 2-14-0

.625 lb or 10 oz Bat Guano 0-7-0

.3125 lb or 5 oz Blood Meal 13-0-0

.3125 lb or 5 oz Feather Meal 12-0-0

.375 lb or 6 oz Colloidal Rock Phosphate 0-3-0

1 tbsp Potassium Sulfate 0-0-53

1 tbsp Souluble Kelp Powder 0-0-17

1 tbsp Mycorrhizal Fungi (300 spores per gram)

3/4 tsp Powdered Humic Acid (90 % pure)

1 1/2 tbsp Epsom Salt

1tbsp Sweet Lime (Dolomite)

1 tbsp Asomite (Trace Elements)

6.25 lbs Worm Castings

18 Likes

Thank you, thank you, thank you all very much…ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!!! (o.k. where’s my peanut butter n nanner sammich?)

3 Likes

Hey man @garrigan62 i am liking this better recipe. Never heard if feather meal…? High phosphate bat guano instead? So… if i have 3.8 cubic ft. COMPRESSED ProMix HP X2, instead of your base. Roots organic come compressed? Also did not see perlite…hmmmm​:thinking::sunglasses::shamrock: once mixed, how long do you reccomend should it sit? Shoulder MRI positive for injury. Saw orthopedic surgery. Told me i had a bruise…second opinion on deck. Hope you are well down there. Been raining here for a month. Thanks man.:wink::shamrock::sunglasses:

1 Like

@garrigan62 I’m only going to grow 2 plants indoors each in 5 gallon fabric pots. I’m only going to use organic soil fox farm trio and worm castings. How much worm castings should I use per pot? Thanks in advance. :v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

This is so awesome. So sweet to see the love spread!!

1 Like

Followed the above soil recipes with small additions and subtractions for this grow of Green Gelato and have been impressed with the lack of problems I have had with Nutrient deficiencies or Toxicity at 4 weeks into flower… Thanks for the info.

4 Likes

This is a living soil? how long can it be stored or should you mix enough for the grow each time? @garrigan62

Sorry i’ve been down with an issue, but for the soil you can reuse it and after a few times add a little of eash and you
ll be good to go.

will

4 Likes

Hey man @garrigan62 hope all is well. Thanks you for all your help with my super soil grow. I tagged you with pictures. Give me a shout when you have some time man. GREAT grow this time.:wink::v::sunglasses: how about those Patriots…:football::wink::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

@stretchgfw.1957

the Pats are awesome and i’m glag for you. Growing shouldn’t be a pain in the butt. keep us posted ok

Will

1 Like

I have a question for you @garrigan62.
I’ve finally gotten around to making a batch of super soil using the recipe you posted with a few additions. Previously I had already ordered Kind Soil and have finally used that up.
I’ve mixed up about 45 gallons (1/2 recipe with 4 bags Roots Organic ROD) and added the amendments based on the “better” recipe.

It is currently “cooking” in bins for about a week now with the lids on and has a good moisture content.
My question is about the early smell it gives off which is a lot like the pile of wet grass in the back yard when you open the pile up. Is this the normal smells early on? Yesterday I added some Bio Char to the bins 12 cups to each bin and did another through mixing of them.

My dilemma is how long before I can use the mix as I have seedlings that will need to be put in their final homes within the next week and don’t want to use this if it isn’t ready and will have to order more super soil for this round or just use ROD and top dress dry nutrients and use teas as needed. They are all Autos and will be put in 3 and 5 gallon pots.

1. smell of soil during cooking?
    Early smell
    Middle smell
    Ready to use smell…earthy like all good soils?
  2. should the soil be mixed up during the cook?
  3. testing the soil before use using a slurry for PH or a Quality soil PH probe?
  4. ratio of super soil to the normal soil? 50/50?

I will be planning on either recycling the soil to use over and over or amending it in place and recharging it in the same container. (No till)

Thanks for all your great info and help you provide here and hope all is well

3 Likes

It’s best if you can let your soil cook for at least 2 weeks, but up to a month is optimal.

also, I would turn the soil every no× oh then, it won’t hurt anything

2 Likes

@stretchgfw.1957,

Been in the 90s for the hole month of Sept. here. I have used the Pro Mix also,
Put I use Dam I can’t think what it’s call, but they spread it around bushes and flower beds around banks snd homes. It’s a year old and by the time i get to it it’s 2 years or better old. Nice an black. ya, add some perlite to it for drainage.
and I hope that your shoulder will be ok . Two shoulder done here and one knee … falling apart …lmao

2 Likes

@Dman,

You can use a good hand ful for each one and for the rest you can make the call. Worm castings will not harm. Your plants, they love the stuff.

BSafe

3 Likes