Hi all – thanks in advance for the help.
I started 8 auto flower seeds about 14 days ago- six made it to little 1 inch seedlings, but They all got burnt/shriveled except for one…
I am assuming My light was on too high.
I am wondering what setting it should be on for the seedling stage, and what is the light depth… My plan is then to move them to 18 to 24 inches away and go with 24 or 16/8.
Below is some info, but holler if you want to know more.
I appreciate the help!
- What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed ALL ILGM AUTO FEMS ( WW/crit mass CBD/jack herer, the one that survived was northern lights.
- Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF. FOX FARMS OCEAN
- Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths 3GAL FABRIC ONCE TRANSFERRD FROM SEEDLING TRAY
- PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) X
- PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable X
- What kind of Light system? MARS HYDRO TS 3000W LED
- Temps; Day, Night 80-85, but I can raise light
- Humidity; Day, Night X
- Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size NONE
- AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, NONE
- Co2; Yes, No NO
With autos it’s better to start with their final pot and aim for 300-400 ppfd for 1st week after that you can aim for 600 -700 until flower keep top inch by sprout moist for at least 1st 3 days with a hand sprayer
Thanks dude- should I do that by moving it to the outside of the light range, or by cutting back the brightness? If so, To what higher or setting…
Couple pics if it helps…
Either way works I would personally prefer to cut the light down to 50% at 24in and group them around the middle so they don’t bend towards the light
So 24” for whole lifespan:
- 1st week 300/400 ppfd (ie 50%)
-600/700 ppfd for rest of veg (75/80% brightness?)
-full blast for flower
My plan is to run 4 plans and 20/4 cycle…
Any thoughts or edits? I will be sure to keep things damp for first week
Sounds good if you want during flower you could lower it as low as 20 in but only if your really at the edges of your space
so the last one fried too, and that was while it was at 50% light strength… I would like to figure out lighting before i germinate round 2… do you think i need to buy a different light?
Turn it all the way down. I start seedlings with one or two cfl bulbs. @stooter
Literally the lowest setting?