Flushing and harvesting, when and how

Hi @Bubblehead, @Jake3 and all others that are following this thread.

Here is an update with photos of all three plants.
Loupe photo showing a high and a low bud, and a regular photo showing the top bud.

First up i Sofia


Sofia High


Sofia Low


Sofia Bud

Thore is next


Thore High


Thore Low


Thore Bud

And finally Zid


Zid High


Zid Low


Zid Bud

Regards
Kontaktytan

@Kontaktytan great looking pictures! I’d say Thore and Zid are closer than Sofia. Sofia has some very clear trichomes. Remember you want to look at the calyx and not the little leaves on the bud. The little leaves will ripen first. I’d say you have 3-7 days and you should be really close to harvest. What kind of high are you looking to produce couch lock or cerebral?

I side exactly with @Bubblehead here. Well done also!

Hi everybody

Here is a photo update showing the whole plant, top & low bud and a loupe shoot of top & low bud.
Started flushing a week ago preparing the plants for harvesting.

I still find it hard to tell from looking at the pistils and trichomes if its time to start harvesting.
So once again I am asking you pros that has helped me get this far: Do you think that it is time for harvest?

Photos of Thore


Thore Plant View


Thore Top Bud View


Thore Top Loupe View


Thore Low Bud View


Thore Low Loupe View

Photos of Zid


Zid Plant View


Zid Top Bud View


Zid Top Loupe View


Zid Low Bud View


Zid Low Loupe View

Photos of Sofia


Sofia Plant View


Sofia Top Bud View


Sofia Top Loupe View


Sofia Low Bud View


Sofia Low Loupe View
.

Really thankful for a feedback I can get.

Kind regards
Kontaktytan

I see some amber in Sofia’s top and lower buds. I say rock out with your flush for just a few days and you can take her to the cleaners. Literally, bud wash immediately after cutting down then shake excess water off and hang her up!

I think if you look around on Zid you may find some amber there too. She’s close. As for Thore, I think you still have a little time left before she will really show amber. With that said, you’re definitely at peak THC on both Thore and Zid so if you don’t mind a little less body high, you could harvest them all. I definitely recommend a bud wash though. You’d be surprised what nastiness comes out even with indoor plants.

Never heard about bud washing before.
I am investigating it now and it looks real interesting.
Are planning on harvesting in a couple of days, will definetly try it out on some of the harvest to compare it to some unwashed.
Thanks @Jake3 for sharing this with me.

You’re very welcome. It may extend your dry time a little too. That’s a good thing as long as you have good airflow in the drying area and your temp+ humidity are regulated correctly. An extended dry time let’s the chlorophyll break down more and can help the cure along. I wash everything before drying simply because a peroxide water wash will kill any harmful micro organisms that my be hiding in your buds that haven’t made themselves known. ie: white powdery mildew.

Hello everybody!

I would like to thank everybody that has helped me in this grow especially, @Bubblehead, @Jake3 and @MidwestGuy.
Could not have done it without your helpful advice and encouragement on this journey.

Started harvesting and drying all three plants on the 13 of January, hanging them in my closet.
And finally, today it was time to start the curing process and to find out the weight.
I used glass jars for the purpose of curing and put each plant in its own jar.

The plan is to cure them for at least 2 weeks before I will test the final product, maybe longer if I am patient enough.

Top three yielders

  • 1st - Thore - 32g / 1.13oz
  • 2nd - Zid - 28g / 0.99oz
  • 3rd - Sofia - 25g / 0.88oz

The total yield for all three plants was 85g / 3.00oz, im super happy about this.

Once again, many thanks to all that has stood by me this time. Im sure we will meet again sooner or later.

Kind regards
Kontaktytan

Two week cure is minimum. The longer you can cure, the better your smoke will be in every way.

Easier said than done.

Congrats! Anything in the jar is most certainly a success! :+1:

Congratulations. Glad I could help. Enjoy the fruits of your labor!