Female do-si-dos plant had a seed

so I got the siege from here I love growing marijuana they’re supposed to be female I am about a week away from harvest I was watering and I knocked off a little nug on when the lower stems I picked it up It was hard so I squeezed it and opened it and a seed popped out I pray that it’s not like this for the rest of them this is what they look like and here’s to see it in the nug And it’s in a grow tent in my garage no light gets in there when it’s lights out I have checked to make sure
20220918_103128
20220918_103123

1 Like

looks like a mature seed…so you will have more…somehow she got pollenated …I have had this happen … probably some ‘bananas or naners’ were on her and you missed it…

2 Likes

If it’s just a few seeds… It is normal for a female plant to produce a few seeds.

5 Likes

As long as there is no male plant that pollinated, that seed should produce a virtual copy of the plant it came from. Congrats on a free seed.

2 Likes

Doesn’t that describe a virtual copy?

That is the difference in phenotype and genome. Just like children are virtual copies of the combined genome of the parents but display different characteristics.

I currently have a dozen or so seeds left from a self-pollinated plant. I have grown several of them and although they may vary in appearance, they give up virtually the same smoke every time. They are always autoflower and usually take on a purple tint when ready.

1 Like

I don’t eat them and none are at my house but they really can get pollinated from bananas lol?

would it reduce the quality of the buds if it produce seeds there’s no male plant I hope. I got five seeds from I love growing marijuana and they’re supposed to be feminized

Female buds sometimes produce a type of male flower that resembles bananas. It can be due to genetics, stress or just “nature finds a way”. Here’s a close up of one that I dealt with. This was likely due to light stress late in flower. I picked them off as they showed for the last couple of weeks. I think they look more like the mutant from Resident Evil.

4 Likes

Plant that sucker. Does not get any fresher. Just watch for a hermie.