Exhaust set up help cheers

I have one of these, it came with a white filter… should it be on when in tent ? Cheers

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yes, it should.

2 Likes

By white filter I assume you mean pre-filter, like a cloth sleeve that slide over the filter?

If that’s the case, use it unless it slows air flow. If you use it it will extend the life of the carbon filter. If your grow area is dusty really keep an eye on it, mine got dirty enough during a project that it slowed air flow into the tent. I have two so the clean one went on while I washed the dirty one.

1 Like

It was someone else asking question about pre filter, where is your charcoal filter outside of tent?

1 Like

I was going to put it outside

2 Likes

Ive always had mine in tent and you want to keep pre filter on it, i believe it helps extend life of charcoal filter

2 Likes

I assume you mean outside the tent? Yeah it doesn’t matter inside or out. Carbon filters are bi directional as far as I know. If your blow out of the filter, the white sleeve pre filter does nothing.

The advantage of that set up is it allows for a little more height for your light in the tent, if needed.

One thing to keep in mind, if you duct into the same room as your tent, you’ll just be recirculating humid air. To keep your climate in the tent where it needs to be the exhaust will need to be ducted outside of the room where your tent is.

1 Like

Mine stays on 24/7, along with 2 more fans.