DIY Grow Box for cold garage

Thanks for the tag, my friend.

I just follow @Nicky ’s thread and ask @dbrn32 for further advice when specifics are unclear. Dbrn is the true light guru across the board :v:

4 Likes

Should be fine.

The chart represents each week (x weeks of veg, x weeks of bloom) - the line is where you want your target DLI to be. 32 is almost right on the money for week 1-2 of veg. :v:

2 Likes

Hahahahaha Nicky weball follow your DLI thread for our tips hahaha.i recommend you and few others and almost everyone refers to your work as well :rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks again to all of you. I am reading…and then re-reading @Nicky post.

If my DIY grow box fails, I want it to be the boxes fault not mine.

Appreciate all the help.

2 Likes

You should do just fine! :smile:

2 Likes

Just had a thought. I also distill. I know that fermenting any liquid the yeast eats sugar that is present, it then pisses alchohol and farts CO2. That CO2 exits the sterile container through an airlock. If I place a small sugar wash in a 2 liter bottle or 1 liter bottle, i can give the plant a 3 to 4 day burst of CO2 inside the box.

I may start a thread to see if anyone can think of any drawbacks. I usally do 5 to 10 gallon batches and havent seen any bugs drawn to it. It needs to ferment at about 70 degress up 90 degrees. This could be a two bird one stone thing as well.

2 Likes

Someone thought of it. Guess I will read that thread to.

1 Like

Yes I know a few people who do the homemade CO2 and introduced into the garage, there’s a lot of controversy out there whether it’s really effective or not. You have to have the proper environments and air intakes and exhausts to run c02 in a grow safely and properly. But like i said i know couple people that do it. Yeah read up!!

1 Like

I only did the CO2 for the one grow and I think it made a difference. I was using 8 gallon fermenting pails and 6 gallon carboys and they put out a lot of CO2. It was just too much of a pain carrying them up and down stairs into my grow room and also it was very inconvenient to use the fermented washes in the winter time. The buds were the densest I have grown and the potency top notch could have also been the strains. I probably will do it again this summer because I have the need to make more sugar washes, I would not do it if I was just pouring the fermented wash down the drain.

1 Like

Yeah, i have a 2 x 2 grow box less than 4’ high. I figured I could part with 1 cup of sugar and a teaspoon of yeast. In a liter bottle. I am still reading up on CO2 additions.

I wouldnt want to haul my 10 gallons up and down stairs either. Especially if I was going to distill later. Stirring up all that sediment.

1 Like

Glad everyone is learning =)

2 Likes

Glad alot folks are willing to help and devote time.

1 Like

I forgot to put a picture of the box…

3 Likes

thats so awesome

1 Like

Thinking of a new “budget” light fir this box. Being only 2’ W x 2’ D x 3’ 8" T I cant see dropping 200 or 300 dollars on a light. Right now I have 1 1000W (100 Watt Actual) LED 2x2, and two little cheap lights I use to germiniate seedlings when I grow outside.

HONORSEN 1200W LED ppfd and par chart looks good, and is in the price range i am looking for. Any Suggestions or do you see any issues with this light.

Thanks

2 Likes

If its blurple dont buy it haha sorry just my two sense. I personally recommend the HLG 200 diablo its $200 but it will blow the water out that grow box!. Or honestly the spider fsrmer SF 1000 for that size box and set up and 1 plant would be just fine, its only like 150 on amazon rn. I have prime so i can get it for 130

1 Like

I will look into it. Thanks.

1 Like

Not this one

This one.

I cant find the Diablo on Amazon. Weird.

2 Likes

Yes hlg 200 diablo go to there website horticultural lighting group

1 Like

That 135 b dpec is prob better than the sf 1000 but the 200 is better

1 Like