Did I kill my new plant I'd love some help

Hi I’m new here I already made a post but I think I made it a reply but anyway I’m not sure if something is wrong with my seedling

I’m thinking over watering maybe? I’m not sure its a white widow auto flower ilgm any tips and tricks would be appreciated very much but if anyone knows what’s wrong and could guide me that’d be great but if it’s healthy color me surprised just don’t want to kill it it’s an indoor grow in a soil perlite mix with some sphagnum moss too

2 Likes

Your seedling is doing fine.

If you think you are overwatering, then you probably are. Seedlings only need a couple ml of water per day.

6 Likes

Looks good to me too. Nice and thick stem so it won’t list over stretching for light. Looking good👀

3 Likes

MidwestGuy and noddykitty1 thank goodness god I’ve been babying this plant to the extreme I was just worried because of the leaf dropping I’ll skip the watering today then and let the soil dry a bit more I accidentally killed one by dropping a water bucket on it and I have another germinating now to replace my poor dead plant

3 Likes

Oops, we have all been there, ha. Usually I just bump one with a fat elbow and knock it over to a face plant. Oops.

2 Likes

@Thep00master
I feel ya! One of my oscillating fans fell off and landed on one of my seedlings.

Luckily it recovered but it looked bad for a while.

1 Like

I have dropped bars, fans, water bottles, you name it. Fortunately never on a seedling though.

2 Likes

Little update on the sprout seems to be doing good?

Is it getting a bit leggy on me? Can’t quite tell

2 Likes

If it’s stretching too much, need some light.

1 Like

@JimWantsToGrow Yeah it seems strong I turned up my lighting a little bit to make sure it doesn’t reach for the stars and occasionally watering around the plant in different spots to promote root growth it might have also stretched a bit because I switched lighting schedules sense it’s been some hot summer days so now it gets light at night time

1 Like

At this point this is also a good way to update progress for myself but looking in a good state the leaves are a vibrant green the begging leaves look a little dark but Im thinking it could be natural maybe, I’ll find out soon enough

2 Likes

Uh oh what’s all this then under or over water?

Drooping is typically over watering. How does she look today?

1 Like

Almost the same @JimWantsToGrow it was over watering I was stupidly checking the sides rather than by the root zone right under all the dry crap it is moist not wet but it could definitely dry a bit a few people said it looked thirsty which I don’t blame them sense the symptoms look almost the same tell it gets worse. Quick question too the soil will be compact around the root zone right? I didn’t want to force my finger through the root zone and hurt the plant but I know I felt moisture

@DoneDeal @Highgrow @Bracketh this is for you guys if anyone wants to check the symptoms as you can see in the bottom picture the soil does have good moisture I was stupid and kept feeling the sides of the pot

1 Like

At this early on the soils moisture is secondary to your humidity. With the little leaves they are taking in their water through water in the air and laying their roots down. I would mist a clear solo cup or dome and place it over it. Give it a few days without water then only water 50ml or so around the cup, making the roots reach for water.

1 Like

I would dome it it will come out of it my friend happy growing

2 Likes

@Bracketh @Reed71 like this guys?

4 Likes

Yep good job that will help her out @Thep00master happy growing my friend

1 Like