Did I kill my new plant I'd love some help

Lookin good. :call_me_hand:

1 Like

I found the culprit guys, tiny little bugs in the soil now I gata kill so I started treating with big blaster hopefully it will help to small to show in a picture

Are they gnats they wont hurt plant unless you have serious infestation in your soil but it could be another bug and not gnat have you got pictures of the bugs you have @Thep00master

@Reed71 I will send a picture when I get home from work they are small but visible to the naked eye I got curious when my plant was not recovering so I dug near the root ball and saw the little critters I’m thinking I may get some nematodes to fight them tomorrow but she’s not looking good yellow and brown spots on the leaves after I sprayed the pesticide (Bergmans) the next morning the plant perked up a bit

1 Like

@Reed71

The Bergmans stuff worked like a dam charm the first pic is when I just sprayed the infestation and shes looking nice and tall still took major damage with brown spots but her leaves came right back up I can’t believe how well that stuff worked she’s saved :sob: I’ll still spray again in another 4 days just to be safe

1 Like

@Bracketh @Highgrow @Reed71 @JimWantsToGrow figured I’d show you guys too sense you helped save my plant here’s a better shots of the damage

3 Likes

Are thoes water droplets on her? Or maybe tiny bugs? Kinda hard to tell tbh. I do see where something is definitely eating away at her where i marked. Maybe be wrong but imo does looking like bug damage

1 Like

@Highgrow I do believe that’s the plant “sweating” from the infestation the critters were sucking nutrients out of its roots and basically that’s a plants way of saying I’m dying nothing was eating the leaves directly as far as I’m aware but I know for a fact the bugs we’re down below or it could be my water I have well water and it’ll leave behind white dust because of the high mineral content more I think about it it’s probably my water it’s on my fans and stuff too

1 Like

@Thep00master hows your plants coming along my friend

1 Like

@Reed71 well she lived starting to turn greener again too though has some permanent damage but she’s growing again

1 Like

Good deal @Thep00master glad to hear that my friend happy growing

Well they both died all the hard work down the drain just entered veg than they turn yellow and die I feel like shit

Next time you grow you need to pre soak your soil and use the humidity dome. You do not need to water at all for the first week at least! After that you should give it a shot glass worth of water per day for another week or two before you actually have to start doing any real watering.

1 Like

@Jilli sounds good I got much better soil this time I bought this cheaper organic soil last time and it was full of sticks it held moisture awfully and mites I found out later, went with fox farms this time do you have any other recommendations to help with the seedling stage?

Download Photone app and make sure DLI is within seedling range 12-16 for the first two weeks. If you bought ocean forest I would recommend pre amending it with some dolomite lime, and also mix in around 15% perlite I’m not sure if it was just the batch that I got but the PH levels in FF soil seem to tank about 3 weeks in. So by mixing dolomite lime before planting it should help to correct it. Ocean forest should be ok but I’ve heard they can potentially burn your plants so maybe consider buying a small bag of happy frog to put on the top of the pot so it’s not as nutrient heavy. Like I said pre soak your soil and then don’t water for at least a week and anything after that should be no more than a shot glass or so worth of water until like week 3