Busted in Oho, I'm getting too old for this

Wow woke to the sound of a helicopter this morning, nasty sound looked outside and lo and behold a 4 wheel drive pickup with a atv in the back 3 cop cars and 2 civilian cars, 8 guys in tactical gear, one banging on the door. I opened the door and he said " … county high crimes tactical force" I said " I guess you wanna come in" It all boils down to they probably spent 2 grand with the chopper and all the toys and everything, and what did they, get 6 little pot plants. Great job guys you really stopped a criminal we had 3 deaths from overdoses today in this county, heroin and fentanyl but we stopped a 62 year old man that was growing mother natures best.My wife’s doc referred her to a pot doc, and so did mine but with a bunch of non human idiots in the statehouse, we can’t afford the pot doc or their prices at the dispensary. It’s all about the money here in communist Ohio, I have lived and worked my whole life here, but I’m honestly thinking of selling out and moving to michigan, I just don’t see the point of fighting them any longer. Thanks for the vent…oldngrey2

39 Likes

Such a bummer. I wonder what Pharma company is lobbying them to bust home growers.

9 Likes

How did they find out about ur grow?

7 Likes

Sorry to hear this. Such BS that is a lot of resources for a few plants. Don’t know how these SOBs sleep at night. They and many like them need to educate themselves a bit better and stay outta the pockets of big Pharma!!!

7 Likes

Apparently he pissed off the Mayor of his town.

3 Likes

The raid for your 6 plants cost the taxpayers about 50k, if not more. What a shame, that 50k could have been spent dealing with Opioids and meth.

10 Likes

Sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately it’s all about the money everywhere.

9 Likes

Sucks, sucks, sucks!

4 Likes

OMG! I live also in an illegal state & it sux

7 Likes

Bunch of sumbitches is what they are. Gtfoh over 6 plants really? Hell they probably have more than that in their closets . bastards.

5 Likes

Let’s not get carried away with f bombs please.

5 Likes

If you go to court, make sure they have lab results before you say anything. If they are dumb enough to not have it tested, claim it is industrial hemp, which is now legal in ohio…

13 Likes

What a bunch of garbage. I’m sorry their bs fell on you, bud.

2 Likes

It’s horrible that so many have to risk so much for affordable medicine. We do what we have to do and demand a jury trial.

2 Likes

That sucks man. Reason I moved to a legal state, it’s just too much bs bc of an imaginary line/wrong zip code. Was it outside and they spotted it from above?

1 Like

Sorry man that sucks big time. Like you said this states ass backwards. Only in ohio legalize medical marijuana but you cant smoke it…

1 Like

Can relate. Non-Free State here also. Will be nice, not to worry about the commie gestapo kicking in the door.
Sorry they got you. Somebody talked. Get a good lawyer to postpone for two years and it will be more legal than it is now. Maybe even totally legal. After all, retired speaker of the house…Boehner is now on the executive board of a big marijuana company. The big money sees major profits in the emerging market and will expedite the legalization. Even Biden is sucking up and saying legalize…now after so many years. Jeez

8 Likes

Smart. HABEAS CORPUS!

All is well with me, my lawyer (long relationship) has talked to the county prosecutor, no charges will be filed, as for the cost to my county well, that’s another matter. The costs were astronomical, closer to what navyvet420 said than what I estimated, basically the county has no use for the chopper and ground team anymore is what I think. I mean the major grow ops are not outside anymore they can’t justify a chopper or all the sophisticated crap they have on it plus the pilot and spotter,so they gotta do something besides sit on their hands…they bust old dudes like me.I have a canopy of trees over where I grew my less than 2 foot tall plants among my tomatoes and other veggies, I’m not saying it’s impossible just improbable that they spotted them by chance, I’ve lived here 12 years and no choppers have done a sweep of my town like this, I’ve grown every year, much more and bigger, never a problem. I want to thank everyone for their support and concern, It does affect us all. I just hope that they understand that they have pulled me out of retirement, I’m gonna give them a real run for their money.

25 Likes

Hell yeah @oldngrey2. My father threatens people by telling them, “I’m old and retired, I have nothing better to do, if you screw me I’ll make sure you pay for it.”

You sound reasonable and competent, I’m sure you will end up on top. Give em hell!

14 Likes