Boy? I’m in denial

Just want a confirmation before I pull the plug on this one. Boy or girl?
I had such HIGH hopes for this one. It’s branches are SOOOO fat I thought the buds would be equally fat!

2 Likes

Multiple pods at single nodes is indicative of a male. They are also absent pistils.

8 Likes

Looks like a boy to me! When one those ball start hanging it will open and release a lot of pollen, and it will happen very quickly.
Reminds me of my first grow in 83. I thought those were the seed sacks, I too was in denial. Then one day I grabbed the trunk, and ended up with my forearm and ground covered in green/yellow power, boy was I wrong. After that I learned the difference between male and female firsthand. Also there is no such thing as sexual transition in the world of weed.
It can be a pisser as the males often grow bigger and faster than the females.

4 Likes

All boy, Thats a shame.

4 Likes

This is my 6th grow and amazed at how they grow so differently just like kids! Have you seen the branches so thick like that? It’s fatter at the end of the branch than some main stalks I’ve grown!

2 Likes

Oh never forget the pistol! Lol

3 Likes

All BASS, No Treble…

3 Likes

Well, yes I have. But as you say each is different from the other. I have had 18 inch plants that were the shortest ones, and will stretch 3x after the light flip. Ended up over 4 foot and the biggest girl in tent. You never know until you know.
It just nature and elevation at work. The male plants grow faster and taller than the females during early veg. This gives them a height advantage being taller, lets gravity help out when releasing pollen to the females.
I think it is funny that we go to great lengths to keep seeds out of our harvest. But despite our best efforts the plants often wins, and produces a few seeds. It is like these plants are programmed to reproduce or something!

2 Likes

Boys… in photo

1 Like

Do you know about how long the male has to grow before I could harvest seeds of it?

1 Like

You will never get seeds from a male plant :grin:
But maybe you meant from the female once the male has pollenated.
If planted together an the same time the males will usually flower and start letting pollen fly a few weeks before the females flower. Once pollenated it takes about 4 to 6 weeks to have viable seeds.

I agree with that statement. Much like a man, once the male plant releases its pollen their job is done, and the rest is up to the female.

1 Like

Wow I definitely didn’t think that one through.
:rofl: kinda makes me wonder how I have kids!

2 Likes

2/2023 Male and female, together.
Yes, I Got seeds.

Was it worth the effort?
Required learning and accomplishment task for Grow PHD.
Else, buy your seeds or get from friends.
The cure and smoke get destroyed for harvesting seed.
Cleanning seed from weed, sucks, and tbt, thats why i wanted to learn growing, back in 1973.
Life is too short.
I mined the seed and kief.
Smoking the remaining.
Decarbed a batch and made tea with grain.
15ml and my eyes split focus.
Good growing to you.