Bobby Bob and the Funky Bunch- ILGM AK47 Auto Grow

We partely misundertood @FloridaSon , dam language barrier :japanese_ogre:.

I was responding politely to those who as state that you can have as much as 0.3 difference in PH reading with temperature. If you have, change asap your PH pen.

In fact it’s only 0.01 in difference of reading at 86° farhenheit (30° celscius) at 104° farhenheit (40° celscius) it’s only 0.03 more . Your PH pen meter probably doesn’t have that accuracy , 6.70 will be 6.73 at 104° farhenheit in liquid temperature.

I apologise for not be clearer in warning you, my friend.

~Al :innocent: :v:

1 Like

Oh I’m sorry we talked about this and I mention that my non adjusting meter was .1 - .3 difference sorry I totally spaced out I got some s*** going on today buddy

1 Like

Ok boys and girls. Super Thrive has arrived. Gonna let her dry up one more day, still feels a bit too damp

• no changes to the leaves but the new leaves are growing with no visible lag.

• Humidity in the house today is 20%;

ordered the humidifier

• saw a tiny little bug in the grow room today. Squished it and couldn’t tell what it was. Very small like a gnat. DE ordered and here on Tuesday with the humidifier. Sticky tape up opposite of the fan. Fan moved closer to prevent any from landing if they are gnats. Gonna see if I can get a potato slice to lay in there as well. “it” was observed crawling around in soil and not in plant and then flew around in tent. Looked like maybe it had green florescent looking wings, but there is only a smear left of it. Could have been a newly emerged fly as well? I dunno. My eyesight not so good, but it’s definitely DOA

That’s it from my little slice of heaven. I will be trolling around the site or hanging in the garden if anyone wants to yack

http://ilgmforum.com/t/thoughts-from-the-morning-garden/8897?u=bob31

6 Likes

more tools @bob31? i hope you get the same results with theST as i did!

1 Like

I’m hoping so! @BIGE

So here are for a midweek (for my grow) update

0600 69 degrees at light on, 46% RH

I have gnats of some sort. Killed 4 more this morning at 0600

0800 Temp 72.2 as we warm up. RH 41%

Watered my AK with Super Thrive mixed water at 1 tsp per gallon

ST Water: pH to 6.6 and tds of 64
Runoff: pH to 6.2 and tds of 278

Food Grade DE Ordered

Humidifier ordered

Anti Bacteria treatment for humidifier ordered

4 Likes

Cool you ordered your humidifier that’s cool
The fly or bug probably came from soil I have a couple flying around also been with me the whole grow I didn’t do any treating for them just keeped fan moving air around pots seemed to keep them in check :cowboy_hat_face::v:CB

3 Likes

yeah, I just don’t want to get overwhelmed with them. A pound of Food Grade DE was $8 delivered. so it’s all good.

Yeah, the RH is just way too low in the house anyway, so it will benefit all of us, lol

3 Likes

Yes sir Im going to pick some up myself brother it cheap enough lol
How are the leaves looking bro

1 Like

not much different still a little twisty/ droopy but I have two new “sets” (? tech term?) of leaves so she looks like she is thriving.

Will said heat and pH

Since I moved up the lights to two feet just to make sure it wasn’t the lights.

This mornings watering runoff was a little low, so next time in I’m going to bump up the pH to my water to 6.8 and see what that does to the runoff.

3 Likes

Yeah I saw his post on this matter lol
Good I’m happy to hear your new growth looks good and she’ll be big real soon bro :+1::cowboy_hat_face:CB

3 Likes

thanks CB I’m not worried. Too many eyes on my grow to be too concerned. I’m expecting she’s gonna beef up pretty good in the next week or so!

4 Likes

Well organise bob :+1:DE will do a great job and if you have neem oil you can safely use that in the recommand dilution and put potato slice on the soil as well for the larvae, it should help control in waiting for your DE to arrive.:wink::innocent: CB is right about that the source is most probably from the soil @bob31.

~Al :v: :innocent:

2 Likes

thanks @Niala I don’t have any neem oil left. I had some for my veggies last year, but it ran out. The weather sucks here. If I go out today or tomorrow I will grab some. I could probably talk the wife into making some mashed taters for dinner!

LOL Thanks guys!

Ps. we are about 2 hours into what will amount to be 12-16 inches of snow so I’m in for the duration I think.

1 Like

The same system will affect me too, however the prevision for my surrounding is 6 to 8 inch

2 Likes

Is it snowing already there bob? I saw flurries earlier but I it stopped here? (I’m just North of Boston on the shore) supposed to change the rain for a while so I’m not thinking we’re going to get that much at least I sure hope not will probably have 8 to 10 inches of concrete snow

… personally I hold global warming responsible for these nasty Winters the last so many years

2 Likes

Yep, it’s snowing away pretty good LOL I’ve been in the grow room for a few hours and I don’t have window access in there but yep it’s snowing…! :angry:

1 Like

@bob31 Do you think the gnats originated from the FF soil? I ask because twice after I’ve replanted, I’ve seen a few insects in the following days. I’m using Sierra Natural Science 209 Systemic Pest Control which may be why nothing progressed in my case but I’m sure the insects I saw were introduced to my room via the FF soil.

I’m along the coast, not snowing yet but I’ve heard we should expect another 10-12 inches by tomorrow- fun.

3 Likes

gotta kill them bugs yall! i’m going to try the ffof this spring,i believe i need to let it air out them bugs first!lol i believe @garrigan62 has a mix that calls for 90 day bake outside. i’m going to try replocating his mix no nutes

1 Like

@Masshole yeah I think when you deal with organic materials you are bound to wind up with some bugs. I have been watching my soil very carefully because I have noticed a lot of people using foxfarm soils having the same issue. I’m OK with killing them by hand for now and I might try some of the Sierra naturals myself.

Flurries here is all I have seen all morning and just a dusting of accumulation. Just another day in paradise

2 Likes

@Paranorman just flurries here but it’s a marathon storm not a sprint!

1 Like