Autoflower seedling check

![image|375x500]
(upload://vMwTH0PXvPwo3AlN0R78QQj1bkc.jpeg)

Just wanted to get a check and see if these are looking on par they got planted 4 days ago and are this tall now, what do we think?

2 Likes

The other photo didn’t post so here it is

1 Like

I would add more soil and bring the light closer.

5 Likes

Not sure what your lighting situation is, but looks like it’s stretching for light. I’d move your light closer, or it will end up needing to be staked up.

7 Likes

Agreed with others. Add more soil to support the stalk. Drop lights a few inches to slow the stretch.

1 Like

Just did both, thanks alot

Here’s an update, added more soil and lowered light, I also added another light bc the one I had was very under powered

7 Likes

Looks great! A lot of what is now buried will develop more roots too. Good luck and happy growing!!!

3 Likes

Good job! Only reason I know is because I did the same thing!

1 Like

I would place a clear solo cup over the seedlings to create a humidity dome then water a ring a few inches around the outside of the cup to promote those roots to stretch out searching for food. Mist the inside of the cup and once the leaves are touching the sides it’s safe to remove the dome :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Could I just use clear glass cups? Or do they have to be plastic

1 Like

Plastic works better, cut a water bottle in 1/2 :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I do this too! I found it works best if you cut of the lip of the plastic cup and then press the edge into the soil a little. Traps that moisture good.

1 Like

3 Likes

Also and I may be reading the photo wrong but it looks like the soil is wet around the stem. When you do start watering try to water around the outside so the roots have to search for the water and expand and not by the stem( something along those lines is the reason)

3 Likes

No u are def right, should I be watering when dry even with the plastic cup?

Let someone else chime in on that, I didn’t use the cup for my first grow so I couldn’t tell you but I am curious as well because I plan on using for my next.

Yes. But it will take a LOT longer to dry out.

I might add, I don’t know what your lighting situation is for when it starts taking off, but after trying to save money on a few different lights over the years, I have found that buying a great light is probably the most important thing, although it is painful. It is a must have. I recently bought an hlg 350r, and it’s fantastic for a 2x4 tent. Makes all the difference.

2 Likes

I just pulled the lids off these girls because a few were maxed out. Have only watered them the first time when they went into the dirt as tails

and not one time since. They’re probably still not gonna get watered for a few more days. You can see just how much moisture is still on the cups sitting to the right.

3 Likes