Are these trichomes ready?

One pic I’m sure it is ready, the other two not sure, 1st pic is highest bud, other two are mid height or lower. It’s amnesia haze from ILGM.

2 Likes

I believe in the TAKE some, TRY some, and Leave some. Different plant stages bring different results. Same for curing. I cant trust all eggs in same basket. Foxes of life love hen houses.

Your pictures show, early and doing good. Most forum advice always is, 3-more weeks.
Recent read, supports that as well. How good are you at the cure process?
The amber you seek, just started forming, from the clear glistens. IMO, We are early, but in the zone.

3 Likes

Cloudy bout ten percent amber so she’s ready or you could let it go for more couch lock. You got a pic of the whole plant?

1 Like

DDD, thank you.
Now I’ve read, and I think it was ILGM grow bible that once they start turning amber, you start losing THC potency, bot not positive that’s where I read it.
I’ve also read somewhere in this forum to wait until it’s more amber.
I know everyone has their own likes, if it be sativa or Indica.
I started less than one year ago, 1st time the plant died, 2nd time I produced very small buds, 3rd time I got some larger buds but still on the small side, about 8 oz. This will be my 4th, buds are filling in nicely, just don’t want to over grow it.
2nd and 3rd time, I hit quality just not quantity. In fact my uncle that’s been smoking for 50 years is back asking if I have more.
I’ve increased lighting from 200w to 450w, and added some light on the sides, instead of just above the canopy. I’ve added hydrogaurd, cal/mag to the GH that I use.
I’ve gotten very good support from this forum and the people are so helpful. I’m sure I will continue to learn, with the help of you all. Thanks again

1 Like

Those trichomes seem to be giving conflicting reports, brother. You might tell us where the photos are from, cause the sugar leaves are gonna turn amber WAY before the bud is ready, so only focus on the trichs on the bud material.

3 Likes

Let’s see a larger photo which includes your pistils.

Lights are off in the tent, so pic isn’t all that good but here it is.

2 Likes

Are your pistils still white? I can’t tell from that photo.

All pics were on the bud

Brother @Docnraq says not to even BEGIN worrying about trichome color until all (or almost all) of the pistils have reached maturity (color) and receded back into the bud material and no longer look like Doc’s hairdo from Back To The Future.

1 Like

They are yellow orange, but mostly on upper buds as that’s where my 450w lights are. I have 3 200w lights around the sides.

1 Like

I’m with @DEEPDIVERDAVE. A little early. But damn close. Maybe reassess in a few days.

Thank you, you all on this forum are awesome

1 Like

Will send in the morning

1 Like

Totally true. That’s what keeps me coming back. Positive vibes and hella wisdom. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

3 Likes

If this forum was here 20 years ago, I would be retired now, wait, I am retired. :joy::joy::facepunch:

4 Likes

Forum contributor
@BigCat420 posted a beginning to end quick guide, in thread “bakes veggie tray”

1 Like

Don’t think the pics do justice with all the lights on but this is what I got.

2 Likes

I’m with @ShockDog Focus on the trichomes that are on the bud not on the leaves. When in doubt wait a few more days see if things change.

3 Likes