Anyone using Grow Dots?

:100: :slightly_smiling_face: :+1: And I really appreciate the input, and discussion is good/needed. I’m not a true gardener, but I love growing some weed and want simplicity. I’m amazed at what you and so many others accomplish, I love it. :heart_eyes:

Ah, I see. And it just reminded me that my husband wants me to personally take some kelp but I forgot to shop for it, lol. :crazy_face: Anyway, and to the degree that the microbes and such in recharge do their jobs, then it could help a struggling plant to uptake nutes … that’s my understanding.

Yeah, that seems silly, lol, and could throw things out of whack. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

That may be my issue, using it too much. Ever time I use it I see a huge spike in growth though and seems very beneficial. I’m just getting started and have a lot of learning ahead of me. I’ve always had a green thumb and I like things simple. That’s why I did the dots on my first auto. I think I will go back to photo after this run though. Always did well outside with them and never did much to them. Hell I used Miracle-Gro, time released tomato nutes, and orchid bloom booster and had beautiful plants and some excellent big nugs.

2 Likes

You are doing great @RileyRae and your first auto is amazing! It could be a bit sensitive though, which can be the case with autos. I can understand you wanting to go back to photos though, especially that you have excellent experience with them. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

First thing i noticed was 6.0 and grow dots. Maybe i missed something up top but calcium does not uptake below 6.2. I would be going in at 6.5 for soil. Sorry if i missed u were ph’ing back up from the 6

2 Likes

Well it was a bust looking for calmag today, l guess I’ll have to drive the 50 mile round trip to the grow store tomorrow. Lowes, Home Depot, Rural King, and Ace Hardware no gots.

1 Like

plain unscented epsom salts for magnesium.

Calcium is a little harder for immediate availability it seems. I have not tried any of the following options. Just kinda cool.

Some say 50/50 milk and water for calcium. However there are several things in milk the plants can’t use so idk how effective this is when looking at the whole picture.

Egg shell method for calcium

1. Crush the dried and clean eggshells in a food processor
  2. Add the eggshell powder into the boiling water for five minutes and let it cool
  3. Add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar for better uptake of calcium
  4. In the morning, add the eggshell tea to the soil to give extra nutrition to houseplants.

Or

The second method is to use eggshells as a fine powder to fulfill the calcium requirements of houseplants. First, take eggshells in a food processor or a coffee grounder to obtain a fine powder to prepare the powder. Then, spread the eggshell powder over the soil of the houseplants. You can also mix it with the ground for better root growth.

White Chalk method… I’d imagine it could help if it was ground into a fine powder added to water and mixed…

Chalk is chemically Calcium Carbonate. You can take white chalk sticks and bury them into the soil while planting your veggies. That’s in intital stages. This really works wonders for plants like Tomatoes, Peppers, squashes, egg plants and almost any vegetable plant. You can bury two chalk sticks per container for these vegetable plants safely if you soil ph is around 6.0. For other plants to provide slow release calcium source, you can bury one chalk stick per container.

1 Like

I have tried many cal mag products, roots organic cal mag for flower all day. My first couple grows i used RO water and learned the hard way it does more damage than good (my opinion).
I would suggest one tablespoon per gallon weeks 2-harvest.

Just to touch on the recharge again… i only use it after transplant into new soil.
Its purpose is to add microbes to the soil its more for feeding your soil than it is your plant.
Try using a compost tea (i prefer) or some bottle nutes or dry amendments as a top dressing or a combo of the three to FEED your plant, dont use recgarge as a source of food for the plant its more a source of food for your soil.

My 2 cents go with a hefty amended soil and use a compost tea every week, top dress week 4 and 6 in flower…try a living soil and you wont need recharge anymore

But yes cal mag, you need to add calmag like week 2 of flower for sure regardless of using recgarge or not

1 Like

Best suff for flower, for veg i use cal mag +

1 Like

I’m starting to think I may have some toxicity due to keeping VPD levels right which enable the plant to uptake too much nutrients, which I can’t control with the Grow Dots. They release the same no matter what. The VPD from what I read can also cause a problem uptaking calcium. Man indoors is much different than outdoors, big learning curve. Thankfully the nugs seem unaffected at this time. I am hitting it with cal-mag though. I guess I just have to get a few runs under my belt and figure it out.

1 Like

my buddy uses grow dots, he has only had issues with one auto from what he’s told me, i ended up having to give him some of my water to fix a potassium deficiency. but other than that, he just chopped a really bulky budder using those dots

1 Like

@RileyRae Hi, how is your plant doing?

Looking good, I bet she smells good! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

If you are referring to Scotty Real, he’s an owner of Dots and Recharge.

1 Like