Anyone using "grove bags" to cure?

I started off in jars for a couple days after trimming. Once the rh was stable for 24 or so hours I move to the bags and sealed.

2 Likes

According to the company you “bag” them once they dry to 11% moisture content as measured by a moisture meter than bag and seal.

3 Likes

True, with me not having one of those meters. I got my rh to 59-60% giving some wiggle room. After 3 weeks I popped open two bags, buds are fluffy, no mold and terps are starting to shine a bit.

Seems to be working using this method. But this is my first cure, so wanted to toss that out. :beers::grin:

4 Likes

I’ve had issues with over drying in 4/5 days in my climate 45% Rh is the highest going into jars. The meter (I hope) will allow me to get into bags at a higher right moisture level to cure.

2 Likes

Ah I see the challenge.

I picked up a tent for drying and found adding a fan on the ground blowing over a container of water helped keep my rh @ 58-60% with a side vent cracked.

The pros may have some helpful tips to help slow drying.

My basement stays @ 45-49%rh on any given day, I feel your pain.

2 Likes

RH I can play with but not temp.this time of year (my winter) temps in tent are mid 80’s in tent with top of door opened lights on. Lights off might get to 79 lights off. Rh is all over the place but manageable. Cant do anything about temps. During summer best I can get is high 80’s to 91 degrees.

2 Likes

I’ll be damned. Didn’t even think about that. I have one lying around here somewhere. Needed one to check the rh of my studs after Hurricane Harvey to know when I could put drywall back up. I’ll have to find that sumbitch.

7 Likes

Hey @BobbyDigital did you “seal” the bags, ie sealAmeal style or just the zip??? And how’s it holding still??? I’ll be doing it a a few days or so.

8 Likes

Still holding. No I didn’t seal them. I think that’s more for selling at a dispensary or something.

1 Like

My Tent is holding 78 degrees (cold front here today) @ 50%Rh. Gotta see if I can slow dry down to as close to a week or so as I can. Will be cking with moisture meter.

So what’s the consensus? Are they worth it or not? Will be harvesting around a # in about 3 weeks and would love to use these instead of burping jars

1 Like

Will be using them in a few days.

I have to say I’m impressed. Haven’t burped them at all. Still burping the bud in the jars. The terp profile is quite a bit stronger in the bags than the jars. Been curing a little over 2 weeks now

16 Likes

Well you guys ordered all the 1 oz bags so I ordered 10 of the quarter pound bags. I’m about a month away from trying them out

3 Likes

I’m testing twice a day for moisture levels, once they hit (I think its 7% ) they will be bagged.

What you trying to get to 7% humidity?

No, moisture content. The way I understand it is Rh measures moisture in the air, the moisture meter measures moisture in the plant.

Yeah it measures moisture content in the material. I had to get my wall studs below 14% before I could put my drywall back up after the flood.

1 Like

CORRECTION!! the correct target range for moisture content is about 11% not the 7% I mistakenly posted here.

2 Likes

Just so you know they delivered to me very quickly, within a week from order.

1 Like