Anyone using "grove bags" to cure?

Woodsy with a hint of tropical.

2 Likes

Got my order 2 days early. Now gotta grab my 12 pack of mini meters. And wait… wait. Wait.

10 Likes

awesome, do you have a 2022 Nissan Altima :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

nice catch

1 Like

I use painters tape to seal my bags, comes off easy & doesn’t hurt the bag at all

3 Likes

Haha yup got in a hit and run and insurance totalled my 2018 Soul turbo. I loved that lil toaster.

1 Like

glad ur safe, insurance totals everything these days, pays ur car off and then they get the money back but selling it at the insurance auction. my son had a 2018 Mustang GT and hydro planed off the road into a ditch. hardly any damage. they said it would cost 22k to fix it, i told them get F out of here. i read the quote and most of it was unnecessary things. i said can refuse this and they said yes but we cant insure the car if you do. ffs so i had to let them total it.

2 Likes

@Carpenter bingo!! Smart man…

1 Like

I’ve been using painters tape too. It was by default, then only tape I had laying around :joy:

3 Likes

i used it this harvest lol

1 Like

Most moisture meters are intended for use on hard stuff, like logs or lumber, with two needles driven into the wood. I don’t see how this could be used on buds, though possibly on thicker branches before trimming. The meter is measuring conductivity in the substrate, and something airy and/or fluffy like a bud wouldn’t provide the necessary electrical pathway. Just did order a six-pack of rH meters off Amazon for not a lot of coin…

May sound strange to you (it did me ar first) bought one for a whole 20 bucks and have been able to dry and bag and end up every time at 58/62 Rh after trimming. Dozen’s here have also had simular experiences. Its not snake oil. Also have used it now on 3 harvests.

9 Likes

Agreed. I regret it every time I fall back on the “snap test.” I end up over-dry, or pulling my buds out of the bag and sweating them for extra time. The moisture meter spares me the guesswork.

7 Likes

meter works great for me, when i hit that 9 to 11% then im good to go

6 Likes

Just got some Grove bags for my upcoming harvest of Blue Dream. I might have ordered more then what I need but wanted to make it worth it. Ordered 1 ounce, half ounce, half and full pound and some stickers. I’ve always used jars so it’ll be a alittle change up.

6 Likes

There’s plenty of continuity to get an accurate reading because, essentially, all the calyces in the bud are connected to each other. Works perfect every time. Between 10-12% moisture content and you’re good to bag or jar.

5 Likes

I spoke to grove bags staff by email and they recommended themselves using a meter on soft wood setting, showed them what meter I use and all the settings and they told me the exact setting on my meter I use to check the buds with, definitely works brother

3 Likes

Hola!.. I started using a moisture meter with longer probes.
It helped iron out my “rough spots” in my drying, to grove bag cure.

Things haven’t been better and more consistent. Plus… If the buds were bigger… I had to press harder to get a reading with the old meter with short probes.

Here it is:

edited to add tag to link

5 Likes

Also regarding the airy-er buds. Just check the more denser buds, if the meter reads 10-12% then the airy buds are likely over dried, which doesn’t really matter too much anyway

6 Likes

Then it is the perfect opportunity to grow more. :grin:
I thought I had WAY over estimated my purchase the first time…and then place a second order four months later. They are just so nice and work so well!

2 Likes