4x4 blackbird grows

Thanks for the replies, I’ll try upping feed a little. I’ve only been using 1/2 the recommended dose so makes sense it might be falling a little short.

@Cap_Ron they’re almost 9 weeks from germ, the front left I think will be ready in about three weeks but the others seem like still well over a month out.

1 Like

Then I definitely agree it’s a good idea to raise your PPM level a small amount.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies! I really appreciate that so many people are willing to take time to help, this site is amazing.

2 Likes

10 weeks from germ.

5 Likes

Looks like higher PPM was just the ticket. They look greener this week.

2 Likes

@HMGRWN They do! Thanks for the advice! I’ve only upped it to around 1150, last water only runoff ppm reading was 1000 on the two back ladies so still dropping from previous levels, those girls are hungry. What’s the highest ppm you would recommend for feed days? Obviously I wouldn’t want to increase it by a lot all at once but is there a rough total that I shouldn’t go over?

3 Likes

1500ppm should suffice

2 Likes

Probably best to take advice from @Bluntsmoke as I am a little haphazard in that area. I have fed a flowering plant near 3000 PPM trying to “paint her nails”. :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

Haha ok 1500 it is thanks again!

Hmmm pics don’t want to load when I try 5

3 Likes

At 11 weeks, any guesses on how long for the front left?


8 Likes

Tough to say for sure without a close look at the trichomes, but I’d say another couple of weeks based on the pistils that are still long and light in color. Do you have a jewelers loupe? They’re only a few bucks on Amazon

1 Like

Lol I do have a little microscope, this is the best pic I could get through the lens from a bud about midway down plant. All I could find is clear


2 Likes

I still struggle to get good steady views of trichomes, and I’ve tried several kinds of loupes, microscopes, and attachments for my phones camera. The best way for me is to snip a tiny piece of bud material off and use a microscope sitting at a table.

This is something I’ve seen shared here, it explains different effects of harvesting a bit early or late.

4 Likes

@HMGRWN @Bluntsmoke @Cap_Ron
Hey can anyone tell me why my plants look so different? I realize different genes may be dominant and every plant is different, but these aren’t even close lol. Did I get a different seed? Or is this one way indica or sativa dominant? I’m also wondering if I’m starting to have some fox tailing, I thought I remembered seeing something about multiple pistils coming from one calyx and this lady is doing it from top to bottom on most nugs. Any help would be appreciated!




First pics are of the different one I’m wondering about fox tailing, other two are how the rest of my ladies look.

4 Likes

First 2 are finishing faster and bulking up like they’re supposed to. Nothing to fret over

1 Like

Are you checking trichs? Looks almost done.

1 Like

I have 2 Bubba Kush that were sprouted together and from the same pack of seeds that are completely different as well. One is making fat colas and the other is leggy with wider spacing. Both are producing well but the fat one appears to be a couple weeks ahead of the other.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s foxtailing in the first one. Usually heat and or excessive light near the top of the plant will do that. I learned from other growers here over the years to ease off on the intensity of the lights towards the end if you want to avoid it.
As far as variations, I’ve definitely had multiple phenos of the same strain from reputable breeders. It’s totally normal even if the 2 plants look like they have nothing in common. Some breeders offer more in depth descriptions of the different phenotype possibilities than others, but sometimes its just pot luck, lol!

1 Like

First two pics are of same plant from different angles, I’ve been checking midway down plant and can only find clear maybe a little milky. I’m questioning the bud structure compared to others though I guess. This one that’s almost done just looks like calyxes stacked on top of each other, been like that all through bud development. Others look more like hair balls and dense like I can’t really see the individual calyxes. Is the one that’s almost done a mutation?