4x4 blackbird grows

Just another progress picture

5 Likes

I still have Bruce Banner seeds to grow, I hear they get really tall, I’m waiting to set up my bigger tent to grow that strain

3 Likes

You need to train them so they don’t get tall

3 Likes

First grow ever here, I attempted to FIM them but apparently was too scared of chopping parts off them because I only hit leaves on every single one lol. Couple of them I even cut into two nodes of leaves, still didn’t get a FIM or top lol so I’ll try that again next time. Other than that all I did is some reeeaallyy light lst. Definitely would have outgrown my tent if I hadn’t bent tops over but they haven’t really gotten much taller since doing that they’re just evening out.

Thanks again for all the replies everyone, just starting out with no background is nerve wracking lol just want so bad to end up with some beautiful buds.

I do have another question about tds though. I just got meter yesterday and have been feeding at 1/2 dose nutes for about two weeks now, checked my nute mix before feeding and it was around 780. Then checked my runoff and it’s at 1800 :flushed:. Plants all look healthy and haven’t had any issues really the whole grow but now I’m scared to give them anything else to eat lol. Do I need to wait till tds drops to feed more? And how low should it be before I feed?

1 Like

Kinda turning this into grow log lol here’s latest pic at 49 days from germ.

5 Likes

Wondering if there’s a correlation between front left girls maturity and how she sprouted. She’s the only one that had trouble shedding her hat, grew with it on for an extra couple days and has been taller, skinnier, and maturing faster than the rest.

3 Likes

@HMGRWN @King03 is it ok to trim lower bud sites when they’re this far along? If yes, is there a point where you shouldn’t anymore? Back two ladies have a lot of colas so I was wondering if I should clean up the bottoms.

4 Likes

I have “cleaned up” the undercarriage on plants in flower. As long as you don’t go overboard. I looks like it may be a good idea since it is getting crowded in there.

1 Like

Ok thanks again for advice, any idea of how much farther ahead the one girl is? I have a smaller tent with some plants already starting. I was going to move them into this tent when they were finished, then use smaller tent to dry everything. I’m wondering how much she’s going to throw off my plan.

56 days from germination

3 Likes

So have you measured them. How tall do bruce banner auto flowers get?

2 Likes

4-5 more weeks

2 Likes

@DRsDank they were 36” from the ground before I bent tops over. After I bent them they were around 32”. I think the stretch is all finished and they’re about 36” from ground again, but pretty even across the tops of all colas. In 2 gal pots.

Ty @Bluntsmoke I’ve been trying to guess how much longer I have, front left lady is a week or two ahead of the rest I guess she was just in a hurry. Do you think 3-4 weeks more on her looks right?

3 Likes

@BWoods give or take but

Possibly. They’re not all going to finish on the same day. But in my experience it’s always has been between days 78-95, usually mid 80s. Some go longer some shorter

2 Likes

It’s been 15 days since the pic I posted of these 2 ILGM Bruce Banners. They’re done stretching now. The taller one is 41 inches from soil to the top, and the other is 39. The one on the left has the thickest stem I’ve ever had on an auto. Great genetics by ILGM.


5 Likes

Looks like an elephant’s foot. :elephant:

4 Likes

@HMGRWN @Bluntsmoke @Cap_Ron
Hey can anyone tell me if I should be worried about this yellowing? It started about 5 days ago and seems to be gradually progressing. Ph in has been 6.4-6.7 ph out has been 6.3-6.5, tds going in on feed days has been 950-1050 and tds runoff has gone from around 1800 to about 1300. Lights have been about 16” from tops but I just raised another 2”. Any idea what’s causing it?



4 Likes

Up the ppm they’re getting hungrier than they’ve been before

4 Likes

They look good and it’s normal around this stage

3 Likes

What week are they in? Depending on how much time they have left I might either suggest staying your course or upping your PPM level a bit like Bluntsmoke suggested. If you still have a few weeks before the flush I’d up the PPM very slightly. If you’re planning on starting the flush or just plain watering in the next week or so, I’d just keep things as they’ve been. They look great overall, and it’s very common to experience that type of discoloration at this point. Whatever you do, don’t add too much. You can do far more harm right now by overfeeding than you could by letting them finish a bit hungry.

2 Likes