1st Time Grower - First Post

Yes I was watering daily but I was told Coco needs water daily so that’s what I’ve been doing. I did not water today I wanted to skip a cycle and see how it does. Pots were still extremely heavy today. Plants look good. Bottom leaves are dark and somewhat wilty but the top leaves are green and look healthy so far. I got an apera pH meter today and confirmed I’ve been pretty close to ideal pH with just using the drop test to this point.

Pics from today:

2 Likes

Thats if youre in total coco. Looks like you said 70 or 80% FF. Thats mostly soil so I’d wait for them to dry.

They look really good!

1 Like

70% Coco 30% perlite mix no soil. I have an outdoor grow going right now in Fox farm soil but not this one. The tops are looking better than the bottom You can clearly tell the difference in color the bottom leaves are a lot darker. I’m going to hold off on watering until those pots get lighter even if it takes a couple days.

2 Likes

Gotcha! I apologize for me misunderstanding. They do look a lot better :heart:

1 Like

When young they drink/feed less when they get bigger then you may need to water/fed once and maybe twice a day in coco from what I read.

I am on autopots with coco and I can see they are using more everyday now In 4th week of veg then they did 2 weeks ago.

2 Likes

No problem I really appreciate the willingness to help!

1 Like

I was watering multiple times daily to ne safe because I was told you can’t overwater coco but haven’t in almost 48 hours and pots are still heavy and soaked.

2 Likes

Keep doing what your doing, they look good.

4 Likes

Just watered with some ph’d tap water and just barely to runoff, pot was starting to lighten up but not much. Not sure how to feed next. Was going to use a light dose of just big bloom and cal mag and cut out the grow big for now due to it’s high nitrogen concentration and seemingly previous overexposure. They seem to be growing well despite my concern and anxiety about potentially murdering them lol.

How soon should I start thinking about lst? The big leafy flowers are going to be blocking light soonand from what I read once the branches reach the edge of pots I should start. It’s looking like we’re getting close if not ready now. I have clips and the spool of wire ties from ac Infinity.

1 Like

Well I think I may have found the problem. Amazon sent the soil version of grow big which has double the nitrogen as the hydro version. 6-4-4 vs 3-2-6. I just noticed after double checking my order to make sure I ordered the right stuff and sure enough I did. They are sending the right bottle and now I have a free bottle of it for my soil grow.

2 Likes

Plants bounced back big today without the wrong damn FF Grow Big in the mix and a couple days no watering. Growth was tremendous today and plants are praying again.

1 Like

Plants look very healthy now and growing well. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks from sprouting seeds. Plants are very bushy and dense so not sure how when or if to start LST. Abt suggestions?

2 Likes

I lst all my plants about the size youre at. Yours look pretty compact which makes lst a bit more difficult. Just take it slow at first. Just bend her carefully to the side and make it stay with ties or whatever material you decide

1 Like

I think I did ok. Not sure if I should be defoliating the large bottom leaves so I just moved them out of the way of the smaller growth inside.

1 Like

Id leave them on

1 Like

Is this normal?

1 Like

Plants are looking great. One of them has started showing white pistils.