1st Time Grower - First Post

How old are these girls? I only defoliate if airflow through the canopy is blocked by too many fan leaves. Great job so far :+1:

2 Likes

4 weeks old today. Thank you!

1 Like

I agree, i try not to take leaves at this stage. I usually just try bendingnthem out of the way so lower growth can get some light

2 Likes

@PDreer
if you are still looking for a phone light app for DLI, and have an android, I have the Samsung S22 and I use the PPFD app from google store. Here are a few screen shots of that app. I had to buy a new phone as my old Samsung did not have the internal tech for a level, the star app or a light meter app.

No diffuser needed like photone, alot of light choices, set the min/max on your DLI, amount of time light is on etc…

2 Likes

Thanks I’ve been using the wife’s phone It works great. Mine apparently it doesn’t have a real light sensor only a simulated one so it doesn’t work.

2 Likes

They’re just so dense and short in some places It’s not possible to bend them out of the way but I think it’s still doing fine they’re making their way out eventually and I’m manipulating them the best I can. It’s probably for the better because they’re growing pretty quickly and I’m going to run out of room soon lol. I did buy another 4x4 AC Infiniti tent kit since they are 25% off right now so I’m going to start four cherry gar see ya photos in that tent. I won’t harass you guys with questions on that unless I have big problems lol I’m starting to get the hang of this a little bit but now that I say that some disaster is bound to happen now So stay tuned lol

3 Likes

I think they’re looking pretty good how about you?

5 Likes

Looking good dude!

1 Like

Looks healthy and happy

1 Like

My humidity is in the 55 to 65% range and buds are starting to form, but Ive read that 40 to 50 is optimal to prevent pests and mold. Should I look into a dehumidifier? Temps in room stay between 70 and 77.

How are we looking? Also humidity still seems a bit high. Should I get a dehumidifier for my lung room?

2 Likes

I had to get a dehumidifier. I got a small one that fit in the tent. Works like a charm!

1 Like

They look amazing btw!

1 Like

Got a link for that? :eyes:

1 Like

Sure! This is the one I got from amazon.

2 Likes

Cheers @T.rish :fist_right:

2 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation, I just ordered one. I defoliated two of the plants today to see how they react. They seemed to be doing good a few hours later close to bedtime so I’ll see how they’re doing today before I defoliate the other two. With the high humidity I did not want to risk mold and ruining my first grow. They are getting harder to manage as far as pulling them out of the tent to water and I’m running out of fox farm nutes. I bought Jack’s 321 for my next grow but I think I’m going to switch and do the self-watering pots because it’s just getting way too hard to manage pulling them out all the time to hand water, Not to mention my Fox farm nutes are running low anyways and won’t last the entire grow. From the research I’ve done the switch to different nutes mid-grow should not be a problem.

1 Like

New grower here. Agreed. Nature culls itself. As long as most the plant looks healthy and it isn’t progressing I do the same thing.

Here’s a pic after defoliating front 2 plants.

2 Likes

Dehumidifier arrived today and I finished defoliating the rest of the plants. They don’t seem to have been stressed at all. Thank you for all of your help @T.rish and everybody else.

2 Likes