Whirled phyllotaxy

Hello everyone. So i grow 2 girls outside every year. This year i have a mutant. She has 3 branches at each node. Apparently its called whirled phyllotaxy? I was just wondering how i should train it? The manifold/main-line method is what method i normally use. Is there a special way to train these types of mutations specifically? Or should i just let this one grow? Any help would be appreciated? Processing: 1000007058.jpg…
Uploading: 1000007059.jpg…
Uploading: 1000007060.jpg…

These result from a plant that is a polyploid. I’ve grown a couple of them. As far as training - it will be a challenge. Polyploids put out all kinds of growth that isn’t normal. You have to keep ahead of them.

Your pics didn’t upload.

2 Likes

Looks like a triploid. They are really cool, but watch for the stems to get flat. Just something that happens to polyploids sometimes. Can also be bushy as all get out. Looks really cool!!!

3 Likes

I’m traveling and don’t have access to my usual pics, but I’ll post a few clips of my polyploids when I get home. They can get interesting.

1 Like

Oh yea… funky funky! Youll have fun with her…

1 Like

Here are a few pics of one of the polyploids I grew out. It was interesting that the main stalk looked like a piece of celery instead of being rounded. You can see that she was throwing out all kinds of foliage from strange places. This particular plant required a LOT of trimming. She nearly choked to death on her own foliage early in the grow. You can see in the last pic that she also topped herself.

2 Likes

Super cool!!!

Does anyone think I could just keep removing the 3rd branch and just train normally?

This is a Crazy Looking Stalk it’s a Fast Version Sugar Haze plant first time growing this strain