When to put into darkness

How do I determine when to put plants into 48 hours of darkness? If I’m going to harvest as soon as I take them out of darkness, how will I know if they’re ready? I know I want to harvest when 50-60 pistols are amber and 30% tricombs. I guess my question is will the pistols and tricombs continue to turn?
Sorry, but this was a hard question to ask.

3 Likes

When it looks ideal start the darkness and chop in the darkness. :+1:

2 Likes

Do you have any pics of the buds/plant?

2 Likes

Sorry if I’m being ignorant …I’m certainly not being a smarty either amd have a genuine question because I really believe the stupid questions are the ones you fail to ask …

If it’s an outdoor grow …how do you start the darkness? Lol …
I mean is it like a term for something I’m missing?
Thanks for not calling me a moron in advance

4 Likes

Maybe wrong section? Potted outdoor?
If not , I’d say you are right that 48 hours of darkness will be tricky

3 Likes

Lol …I really thought maybe there was a way to do it …of course not change the weather but maybe have a dark room inside ?? I wasn’t sure

2 Likes

I think they means 48 dark before the harvest to increase trichome size. I personally don’t think it works and have tried with and without. Now I will tell you I still do it anyway :rofl:

@Janice2 dont even look at the trichomes until at least 80% of the pistils are brown. At that point you will still have plenty of clear but mostly cloudy

3 Likes

Blot out the Sun and some people are gonna get pissed

4 Likes

This will be my first harvest of anything other than strawberry plants from wal mart …

So I think it’s hysterical how you said it doesn’t work but yet you find yourself doing it …
Sounds like something I’d do …

But I don’t even know when I am ready what I’m even going to do …

I don’t wanna screw it up …because the weed the seeds fell out of didn’t have a fraction of the frosting mine do …

48 hours of dark…flush it and starve it …I’m like a deer in headlights and gotta get going on deciding where to even dry it

5 Likes

That sounds like me
I’ve still got time to figure it out

4 Likes

Lol glad I’m not alone !! But sorry we are up the same creek

3 Likes

Definitely run a 48hr test on your drying room. Cant stress that enough. I have quit a few grows under my belt and happy to offer any help. Anybody here is more than welcome to tag me or pm me any questions. Im not a know it all but I know enough and have made just about every mistake possible so I just know how to avoid them now. :rofl::rofl::joy:

3 Likes

That tip alone !!! Thank you wouldn’t have thought of it …worried about so many things I don’t know …amd that’s all it is
Once I make it through I’ll definitely be more confident …

1 Like

I am not keeping my trim as I have no idea how to make hash with it
I feel like getting the plant to the finish line will be plenty

I’ll be happy to get some smoke outta the deal

4 Likes

Keep it and make budder. :+1: you won’t regret it.

@Mr_Wormwood

2 Likes

I do want some weed cookies

2 Likes

If the one plant I’m growing …the seed came from a Strawberry Fields bud …
There’s like 2 different strains with that name one indica dominant and one setiva …
Mine is the setiva dominant Strawberry Banana X Tangie
I read that it’s a great strain for using the sugar leaves to make anything with so I’m planning on trying something …gonna be a boring winter with no donkey dongs to tend to on the back porch …lol that dude Deez …he had to say that

1 Like

Lol my state just banned the sale of any baked goods containing any cannabis products
It specifically mentions brownies and cookies …
Bunch of squares

3 Likes

I don’t think they sell anything flower or edibles where I’m at and no recreational yet just medical

I hear it’s basically just overpriced vapes

1 Like

Lacewing, I used PVC pipe to build a rectangle about 8’ high and covered with a blackout sheet. I have 2 pots on a rolling cart and at 7PM I just roll the cart into it’s own little blackout shed and bring it back out at 7AM. I would attached a picture if I knew how.

2 Likes