Whats the deal?

Okay these are Photos outdoors Been okay for past few weeks …Until now…
I know there are pictured charts on plant & leaf problems but wanted the advice first?..
*This is photo Blueberry Muffin this just started a few days ago on mostly top growth…
Feeding silica first …Jacks 321…In HF & coco 70/30 25g Fab pots :point_down: :point_down:

• Photo- Romulan same mix same nutes…same pots size…(we’ve had some extra strong winds)

Looks like wind damage?.. :point_down: :point_down:

2 Likes

Well, I too am a newbie, frfr, but I can say this about the ones on the bottom, I had some Agent Orange Photos growing, still do just 2 now instead of 3. Anywhooo… They were looking like that and everyone was saying they were over watered and I knew they weren’t but went along Anyway and started letting them dry out. Well they got worse and worse and I was about to pull them. I mean they looked like pure d hell, Dude. Then my buddy stopped by who knows nothing about plants and said take them out if the dirt and set them down into a bowl of water. That’s what I did with 1 of them. 2 days later it was thriving again so I did the other 2 and then repotted them after about a week. Wound up losing 1. The other 2 are now in Flower. I will add so photos in a few for you to compare. As for the top one, I’d have to look around at those cheaters you mentioned.

So in those the right is sick and the left is sicker. I had to pull most of the leaves off as they were beyond dead after just a couple of days.

Those 2 are the 2 that survived and how they looked on the 2nd.
Idk if it’s the same or not, but after spending all the time and effort to key it all in, I’m like wtf he’s gonna see my plants. Lol!

1 Like

Thanks for the info…Yeah I grow mostly Autos …One photo two seasons ago and never had this problem. My new thing is going to grow 2 or 3 Photos the rest Autos…I dont need anymore weed really…I have wayyyyy toooo much :rofl: Never thought Id ever say that back in the day…but I dont consume as much as I did…I give it away to friends and a few family but that’s it…I grow for the hobby and challenge of it…I’m sure they will straighten out but Its just weird to see I need to make a journal but I get so lazy…

1 Like

OOps I forgot @ members…here is some @`s anyone’s welcome to join in of course… @dbrn32 @Spiney_norman
@OGIncognito @Graysin @MidwestGuy @Borderryan22 @DEEPDIVERDAVE @W.B.elpaso @ChittyChittyBangin @Myfriendis410 I had more but 10 is only allowed… :rofl:

4 Likes

Looks thirsty to me, no real signs of deficiencies

3 Likes

Is your soil ph and ppm good on the blueberry muffin? I’ve had a few ph battles with fox farms soils. Other than that, I’m too much novice to help.

Not sure where you’re at but these plants look to be in high temperature so make sure they’re getting enough water. The yellowing on edges could be a few things but I’m hesitant to say if you’re mixing a good amount of coco with soil, I’ve never really figured that out.

2 Likes

To me it seems they are underwatered. At a 25 gallon pot, do you water to runoff? Do you know tds and ph of runoff?. Synthetic nutes are nice but need to know whats going on in the rootzone, atleast when there is a problem. Tds rises with coco as it dries, key reason why coco growers keep it wet at all times. But at a 70/30 mix, more like a hybrid grow. Curious of readings…

@dbrn32 Okay heres the thing …I did water the Romulan and it perked up…I used just straight H20 no nutes…Yes we’ve had a few hot days last few weeks 88- 96F not a prolonged heatwave but a few in a row …unusually high wind gusts…
@Poseidon1 …Yes :point_up_2: :point_up_2: I’m usually an over waterer so I probably over compensated…I dont usually water til run off and / so I dont test ph or Tds…I may need to?
Im experimenting with the Bluberry Muffin as it looks “variegated” in color and the blades veins look “thick” to me…trying some Cal_- mag

2 Likes

Over watering is usually caused by watering too often not by watering too much. But since your in a soil/ coco mix I dont how well that applies. You still should be testing runoff especially when you are having an issue.

2 Likes

Agreed! Outside of flooding out seedlings in big pot or without much of root system, it’s nearly impossible to over water a decent sized plant in a single watering.

4 Likes

@plumbdand @dbrn32 …Thanks guys…Yeah The Romulan was definitely under watered…Ive been keeping a better eye on it…and yes I should test my run off… But I dont get much …Maybe Ill increase the amount until run off ?..
I know there’s no “set” amount of water to give but Ive been giving the 25G pots about 2G every other day each depending on the weather…Its been 82F to 86F -ish with 100F coming for a mini heat wave I think I got the old “Plant panic itis” :rofl:…I should know by know that it usually straightens itself out…and it l;ooks like they did just that :crossed_fingers: so far so good!
Appreciate you guys !!

1 Like

2 gallons doesn’t seem like a lot for 25 gallon pot. My watering in 3 gallon pot is usually 1-1.5 gallons. I think maybe next time they are do I would give them a thorough soaking and see how long it takes for pots to dry out. Especially if it’s been hot out.

1 Like

This plant need 5gallons of water every day, or they suffer ED and flop over.

1 Like

You’re right on that…Ive increased it to about 3 to 4g yesterday…They look a lot better …No run off though?..I may try to increase further It has been really hot ! I haven’t grown Photos in a few years I’m use to Autos in smaller pots Thanks for the info…

1 Like

Yeah you’re right…I dunno what I’m thinkin lately :crazy_face: I have a orange Tree in a big plastic pot that I water everyday with the Ol hose and I must be giving it at least 5 gallons or more in the hot summer…
Thanks!!

2 Likes